2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great...for the first two years
By fzyltlsquirrel on 08/27/12 10:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was in love with this car. Frankly, in many ways I still am. I have the standard tranny and love the handling. The car really is fun to drive. Except when the gear synchro does not function properly from first to second. I drive 300+ miles a week, and have since I got the car. We live in northern CA and go snowboarding and backpacking often, so this car gets driven a lot. Even so, it is only 2 1/2 years old, and the tranny is clearly going bad. The worst part is that it is an intermittent problem that the dealer has yet to duplicate. I have 5,000 miles left on my warranty so, sadly, I'm trading her in for a CX 5 - which doesn't come with as many features on the manual. Disappointing

Great car
By great little car on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Coming up on 2000 miles, great car so far. 2.0 l engine is fairly peppy. The larger engine would be nice but I love the mpg. Averaging 32-35. Car is very fun to drive and really "sticks" to the road. Reminds me of a BMW rental I had in Germany. Seats can get a little uncomfortable on trips > 3 hours. All around good car, which is fun to drive.

Extremely Satisfied
By tmd678 on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car which is fun to drive. Bought it for my wife and serves as our second car. Five speed shifter is one of the best I have used in my more than 50 years of driving. Started with a 1947 Dodge five speed in my younger days. My advice to any reader is be sure to check this one out. On par with anything on the market. We get 30 mpg combined.

Very pleased.
By Joe on 08/16/10 06:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Mazda 3. I traded a 2000 Miata for it, and expected a letdown in the fun-to-drive department when it came time to trade. I didnít have much money to spend, and I needed something economical for my very long daily commute. Those criteria donít usually lend themselves to much fun. Or so I thought. The Mazda 3 is great fun to drive. The 2.0 liter engine revs willingly and the five-speed manual shifts smoothly and positively. It corners flat, the steering is precise, and it brakes confidently. And for an inexpensive car, the 3 doesn't look or feel cheap. Materials and build quality are good. There really is something to the "zoom- zoom" stuff.

Awed By Stock Handling
By Matt on 06/17/10 14:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: 7/10 is because this car is too underpowered as far as performance goes. I came from a 200hp Jeep and a 300whp turbo integra so this is more or less the slowest car I've owned (although at highway speeds+ the mazda would prob. blow the doors off the Jeep because of aerodynamics and gear ratios). Comfort: Nice interior, only thing I'd improve is move the armrest closer to the shifter. Fuel Economy: Impressive. I average 30MPG, and that's with mostly "city" driving. Fun To Drive: YES! Awe-inspiring handling for a stock car compared to my souped up integra with very aggressive suspension & tires, AND limited slip diff. If the engine note was louder it'd be just about perfect.

Great compact car
By yjystr on 05/12/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's really a fun-to-drive car, much better than Civic and Corolla. Made in Japan makes the car perform very impressive.

great car
By jaybee723 on 05/03/10 23:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one, if not the best car you can get for under 17k. This car has plenty of acceleration for the average driver. Also, the comfort and handling of the vehicle is above average of a car in its class. Fuel economy is very good as long as you don't floor it around. Good luck with that. Highway miles per gallon at 75-80 are around 33-35, and in the city around 28. Gears seem to be a little short, but this car works well even at high rpms. Blutooth is quick and simple to set up and use,the stereo is great for stock, and the vehicle's build is solid and quiet.

Even works for the family
By mmb on 04/09/10 20:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had our Mazda 3 for a little over 2 months now and we are very happy with our decision. We wanted something that was going to get good gas mileage and the Mazda 3 has lived up to that. We are constantly getting 30 mpg which is greatly improved from the 16 mpg we were getting in our SUV. We thought this would be a vehicle for commuting back & forth to work, but actually our 3 children, ranging in age from 14 to 2, fit in the backseat just fine (even with a car seat) so we use it for family outings too. It has great handling and acceleration.

Nice car
By Jax FL on 02/13/10 20:33 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We compared a few cars before buying it for my sonís first car. Get average 29mpg. Manual shift is fun to drive. feels solid. Good Handling

Zoom Zoom!
By ML on 11/01/09 08:44 AM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Mazda I have owned, and although it's only been a few weeks so far I doubt that I'll have any regrets. I compared the 3 to all it's competition VERY closely before buying, and the Mazda was just plain more fun to drive. Most cars in this class have similar features (see Corolla, Civic, etc.) but if you are going to fork out THOUSANDS of dollars for a car you might as well get something that's actually FUN to drive too! Before this car I had an 08 Pontiac G5, and I never really liked it. Right from the start it just had WAY too many issues. (I bought a "NEW" car to DRIVE it, not to make repeated trips back to the dealer for "warranty" repairs!) Sorry GM, but I'm done. ZOOM ZOOM!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$141 per month*