Used 2010 Mazda 3 i SV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great car but 2nd car kinda funky
By unlimitedinc

2010 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for a year and really liked it. I took it on a trip to Louisana and Alabama and was comfortable the entire way. Shifting to 2nd gear has to be precise but I haven't had any problems otherwise. It looks great, has nice room and is fun to drive and park.

Looks great, interior is very nice for the price, and drives well.

Biggest Mistake Ever
By fsufan0025

2010 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After being a Honda or Toyota person for years, I bought this car due to a GREAT salesman, and excellent finance offers. What a mistake! Took it in for service, and the next day a hubcap came off. But--hey not the service department's fault. And--we'll sell you a new 1 for $70. Brakes make noise at 14k, and already rattles and noise. Great sales experience, but the cars quality and the service dept ensure that I'll be getting out of this car asap and will NEVER have another Mazda

looks great from front and side steering wheel controls

Power door locks! Cruise control! Better overall quality please !

Poor Build Quality
By Koontz

2010 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had always been a Honda or Toyota person, but bought this due to great finance offers. Delivered with 3 small scratches on bottom of door but dealer insist it was done during the 48 hrs I had it. At 10,800 miles, hubcap comes off on interstate, and -- of course -- I had ran over something. Dealer says "we have 1 for $70!!" Nothing better for your bottom line than to make 8 or 900% profit on parts !! Already has wind noise and squeaks, wish Mazda would buy me out of it so I could get something else. Nowhere near as well built as I expected, and I'll never have another Mazda. Looks nice, runs ok, but that's about it. Gas mileage is very good, great brakes, but NO POWER LOCKS !!!

The audio controls on the steering wheel is a nice touch, ipod input is great

POWER DOOR LOCKS !!! Do without the ipod input and install the door locks. This is 2010, how can you sell a new car without them ??

Over-Hyped
By Zack Harmon

2010 Mazda 3 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

These vehicles are not well-made. My paint on the hood and whole front clip is chipping off whenever anything hits it from a bug to a grain of sand. The gearshift knob spins. The tilt/telescope wheel doesn't stay where you set it. It is very hard for me (5'-10" and 205 lbs) to get comfortable. There is no ergonomic way to use the armrest while you drive. It is really loud in terms of road noise transmitted up into the car. Now there is a shake in the front end at highway speed. It is simply an over-rated piece of junk. I hate this car more than any other I have ever had. It has 7,000 miles on it, I can only imagine how bad it will be at 20,000.

Appearance is nice.

Less road noise, better paint, ergonomic review.