2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
65,000 update
By diehard080 on 03/15/14 03:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but great driving experiences and initially when this car came out people were wineing about the front end ,now almost every car company has stolen the body of the Mazda 3 2010 hatchback .people are stopping me at gas stations so it seems mazda again way ahead of its time .I'm writing this just after the first plug change & using mobil1 20-50 syn as factory oil in 2010 for the 2.5 was 20-50 Dino , I switched after break in at 10k . Then in 2011 the 2.5 got 0-20 syn as factory oil. So after plug change this thing bloomed like a new car and rips like a rocket that's been sport tuned . It definitely still blueprint balanced .

A Very Fun ride at a great price
By hatcher3 on 12/30/13 17:41 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I leased my 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.5s with Moons and Tunes package in Oct 2010. It has been three awesome years of fun ride. Good: Excellent handling in curves (here in Portland) and really grips well to the road. Very good torque and performance. Overall very good styling in the exterior and the interior. One amazing ride for the price Not so good: Bluetooth could handle adding contacts better. Gas Mileage for a car of this size is not great. I averaged 23/24 over 3 years. High Road Noise which bugged be a bit. The Bose sound helped tune it out, but still it was louder than some other cars I have owners. Not engine noise, but mostly road noise, esp from Tires. Overall- Thumbs Up

Awesome Mazda 3 2.5l.
By chaps6 on 10/28/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Mazda with 34k miles on the clock. It has all the bells and whistles...sat nav, bose, keyless entry, zenon, bucket seats etc. I have now done about 10,000 miles without a single issue. I hope to have this car for at least another 100k miles...perhaps pass it onto my kids when they are old enough to drive. It feels incredibly safe, very assured on the road and pretty sporty. It’s no race car but it really handles well and has create torque when you put your foot down. I looked at all sorts of other cars first…golf, accord, mini, jetter, passat, hyundai’s etc…none came close to the reviews this got…which is why I bought it.

Bulletproof-monkey
By diehard080 on 06/05/13 20:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Yep I was admittedly worried that my 2007 was going to be a regrettable trade in on the 2010 2.5 but I just because it was Mazda I had faith in their underdog drive to make things just that much better ,the. 3. Remindes me f the Porsche 911 better by incriments yearly . I got the gt hatchback with the electronically controlled 5 speed automatic with sport shift that actually works ! And well . This tranny shifts smoother than my old mans s500 Mbz. And my 328 BMW from 2002. By far . It's seamless , heck Grand Prix cars all use automatic gearboxes now , it was a choice I don't regret ! Awesome car. Just turned 50k. And it is spot on !

At 44,000
By johnny2003 on 02/24/13 20:19 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

At 44,000, I like mu little Mazda just as much as I did the first day I got it.

3rd mazda, 2nd mazda3
By bridgetshaw on 10/19/12 08:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my 2011 Mazda2 for a 2012 Mazda3, was a fantastic choice since the 2 is garbage. Then traded the 2012 3 for a 2010 for a little more miles and a lot less money. I got the car with 30k miles on it, all maintenance touched up, and a better deal. From what I know about the newer model I have high hopes for this one. The gas mpg is little shotty after driving the Skyactive engine, but it is even more fun to drive, with better handling. I love the Mazda3, it's truly a unique sedan in this day and age.

30K mile UPDATE-
By diehard080 on 10/11/12 18:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have revirewed my 2008 versus this 2010 and already have concluded it just that much better. I will focus on the passing of time,servicing and performance continuity. I replaced the Avid-Yoko's which I found on the harsh side like the previous 08-09 suspension set-ups but slightly more ameinable to all-around driving with a bias towards all-out sports car tuned firmness. I installed Bridestones new Pole Position S-04's and even though the overall tire is heavier at 70-90mph this car is silent and super-stable at 85 I'm turning 2900 rpms and its not even breathing hard -this damn 2.5 wants to be ridden to 120+ and sprout wings. Everyting else is tight and right ! Just oil/filter and gas .

Mazda 3 Sport GX
By vincentf on 09/07/12 11:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Well when I first got this car I was super excited, because I got a great deal and I was sick of driving my corolla for the past 7 years before that. Everything was fine first couple of month and then things started to annoy me. I started having very bad condensation problem on the inside of the car. Went to multiple dealerships and they couldnt fix the problem they suggested I always keep my AC on which i thought was stupid. Next thing is the squeeky breaks as well as my squeeky driver seat when in a certain position. Last thing was I had to replecase one of the belts after 28k and it wasnt covered by warranty i had to dish out $120.

Great...for the first two years
By fzyltlsquirrel on 08/27/12 10:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was in love with this car. Frankly, in many ways I still am. I have the standard tranny and love the handling. The car really is fun to drive. Except when the gear synchro does not function properly from first to second. I drive 300+ miles a week, and have since I got the car. We live in northern CA and go snowboarding and backpacking often, so this car gets driven a lot. Even so, it is only 2 1/2 years old, and the tranny is clearly going bad. The worst part is that it is an intermittent problem that the dealer has yet to duplicate. I have 5,000 miles left on my warranty so, sadly, I'm trading her in for a CX 5 - which doesn't come with as many features on the manual. Disappointing

Great buy!
By terjej on 08/15/12 22:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

Originally was going to buy a 3 but upgraded to the itouring and it was a wise decision. This car is a solid performer and since purchasing it new, only regular mainenance has been done and no warranty work has been necessary. I have owned full size SUV's and was surprised to see what I can load in this Mazda with the rear seats folded down. it has a wide opening when the truck is opened up. I enjoy going to manual shift and pushing this vehicle to the limits on tight turns. This car has a very good feel for the road and fun to drive. The cabin tends to be a bit noise at highway speeds but the stereo can automatically adjust the volume to changing speeds which is a nice option.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mazda Mazda3 in VA is:

$141 per month*