2010 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews

2010 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Best First Car!
By johnnymize6 on 03/18/15 14:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

For my first car I bought a white 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 liter i Touring with the moon and tune package. It currently has just over 52000 miles on it. The 2.0 liter 4 cyl. has good pick-up around town, but passing and merging on the freeway are a little strained. It's a fun little car that handles great and has a lot of nice features like a Bose sound system, a power sunroof, and Bluetooth. The ride is surprisingly comfortable on most bumps but on wavy surfaces it bounces up and down a lot. It's pretty quiet inside now that I put new tires on it. Everything is easy to reach while you're driving. It feels really nice and stable on the freeway, and the ride settles a bit as well.

keeps on ticking
By diehard080 on 02/16/15 23:35 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

i am updating my last review at 50k miles and just rolled over 75k . o regularly change the oil using mobil 1 20-50 as original was dino which i used until 2 changes at about 10 k miles as it was good and broken in. since ive chenged the trans fluid at 30k (flush) and 60(flush again) and the plugs once around 45.i hit some nasty potholes but the suspension seems spot on having thorough checks after any incident .I check oil level particularly after oil changes which is usually a big problem since residual oil can be up to 3/4 q and bad for seals . other than that not burning oil, runs better than new and fast as hell . preventative maint.dont use dealers that act like they could give a sheit

Great car
By kai696 on 09/25/14 04:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was never a huge fan of Mazda but when I got this car I really loved it. It worked well and was very reliable, no maintenance at the 100,000km mark (except regular maintenance of course), however it doesn't have a lot of power, I notice there's a bit of a delay from when I press the gas peddle into when it picks up, I never had this on my Toyota Echo.. but all in all I think this car is great for anyone upgrading from a smaller car. They will be pleasently surprised how much it has to offer. Car came with Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo. I only wish the turning would be a bit more tight, but it does turn well.. just not quite well enough..

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.5 manual
By tazbird on 09/01/14 13:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

No adjustments required by dealer from day one to present. 55,000 km and have only replaced the battery. Two trips from Ontario to Florida, and one trip to Virginia. Excellent value and fun to drive. My third Mazda.

65,000 update
By diehard080 on 03/15/14 03:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but great driving experiences and initially when this car came out people were wineing about the front end ,now almost every car company has stolen the body of the Mazda 3 2010 hatchback .people are stopping me at gas stations so it seems mazda again way ahead of its time .I'm writing this just after the first plug change & using mobil1 20-50 syn as factory oil in 2010 for the 2.5 was 20-50 Dino , I switched after break in at 10k . Then in 2011 the 2.5 got 0-20 syn as factory oil. So after plug change this thing bloomed like a new car and rips like a rocket that's been sport tuned . It definitely still blueprint balanced .

A Very Fun ride at a great price
By hatcher3 on 12/30/13 17:41 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I leased my 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.5s with Moons and Tunes package in Oct 2010. It has been three awesome years of fun ride. Good: Excellent handling in curves (here in Portland) and really grips well to the road. Very good torque and performance. Overall very good styling in the exterior and the interior. One amazing ride for the price Not so good: Bluetooth could handle adding contacts better. Gas Mileage for a car of this size is not great. I averaged 23/24 over 3 years. High Road Noise which bugged be a bit. The Bose sound helped tune it out, but still it was louder than some other cars I have owners. Not engine noise, but mostly road noise, esp from Tires. Overall- Thumbs Up

Awesome Mazda 3 2.5l.
By chaps6 on 10/28/13 13:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the Mazda with 34k miles on the clock. It has all the bells and whistles...sat nav, bose, keyless entry, zenon, bucket seats etc. I have now done about 10,000 miles without a single issue. I hope to have this car for at least another 100k miles...perhaps pass it onto my kids when they are old enough to drive. It feels incredibly safe, very assured on the road and pretty sporty. It’s no race car but it really handles well and has create torque when you put your foot down. I looked at all sorts of other cars first…golf, accord, mini, jetter, passat, hyundai’s etc…none came close to the reviews this got…which is why I bought it.

Bulletproof-monkey
By diehard080 on 06/05/13 20:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Yep I was admittedly worried that my 2007 was going to be a regrettable trade in on the 2010 2.5 but I just because it was Mazda I had faith in their underdog drive to make things just that much better ,the. 3. Remindes me f the Porsche 911 better by incriments yearly . I got the gt hatchback with the electronically controlled 5 speed automatic with sport shift that actually works ! And well . This tranny shifts smoother than my old mans s500 Mbz. And my 328 BMW from 2002. By far . It's seamless , heck Grand Prix cars all use automatic gearboxes now , it was a choice I don't regret ! Awesome car. Just turned 50k. And it is spot on !

At 44,000
By johnny2003 on 02/24/13 20:19 PM (PST)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

At 44,000, I like mu little Mazda just as much as I did the first day I got it.

3rd mazda, 2nd mazda3
By bridgetshaw on 10/19/12 08:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

I recently traded in my 2011 Mazda2 for a 2012 Mazda3, was a fantastic choice since the 2 is garbage. Then traded the 2012 3 for a 2010 for a little more miles and a lot less money. I got the car with 30k miles on it, all maintenance touched up, and a better deal. From what I know about the newer model I have high hopes for this one. The gas mpg is little shotty after driving the Skyactive engine, but it is even more fun to drive, with better handling. I love the Mazda3, it's truly a unique sedan in this day and age.