Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun Little Machine
By Michael Griffin

2010 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

My first two cars were rather large American sedans. A 2001 Chevy Impala and a 2005 Ford Taurus. I decided I wanted something smaller when I suddenly needed a new car in 2013 due to gas prices. I'd always been smitten with the Zoom-Zoom ethos of Mazda's and had liked the styling of the Mazda 3. I didn't have time to wait/search for the hatchback I really wanted, so I settled for a rental-fleet Mazda 3 i Sport. It has been an absolutely wonderful little car. Always starts up straight away. It's not a rocket, and you need to be generous with the throttle when merging/passing on highways, but it has more than enough pep. The handling is wonderful, fun and forgiving. It took me some time to get used to the amount of road feedback that comes through the 3's steering wheel, especially compared to the American boats I drove before. Bad weather handling is also great, especially for such a small, light sedan. The inside is a tad sparse, but everything fits well, and the front seats are comfortable. Getting 4 or 5 adults in the car at once, even if we're all average size, is a squeeze. It's not too bad for short trips around town, but it would not be fun for two guys over 5'10" to ride tandem on a trip of any length. The two things I really wish my car had are power door locks (but it did come with power windows, oddly enough) and cruise control (I will never again get a car without it after having had the displeasure of multiple between New york and New Orleans). That being said, it's a decent car for long trips, tire roar can be a bit loud over 55 mph, but turning up the radio helps. All in all, it's a wonderful little car, that's been great and very reliable so far.

Excellent
By samantha20

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

i just got this car a few days ago and its amazing!! i had a 2012 ford focus that i traded in because I've had nothing but problems with it and was tired of dealing with the [non-permissible content removed] Phil long people here in Colorado so i drove 1 hour and 14 minutes away to this Mazda dealership and got this car. Its great no problems so far when i hit the gas it goes no hesitation. i Love this car so much!!

Everything.

Best First Car!
By johnnymize6

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

For my first car I bought a white 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 liter i Touring with the moon and tune package. It currently has just over 52000 miles on it. The 2.0 liter 4 cyl. has good pick-up around town, but passing and merging on the freeway are a little strained. It's a fun little car that handles great and has a lot of nice features like a Bose sound system, a power sunroof, and Bluetooth. The ride is surprisingly comfortable on most bumps but on wavy surfaces it bounces up and down a lot. It's pretty quiet inside now that I put new tires on it. Everything is easy to reach while you're driving. It feels really nice and stable on the freeway, and the ride settles a bit as well.

Bose sound system, Sunroof, Bluetooth, handling, fuel economy, ergonomics, fun factor, it's just a zippy, fun little car.

It could use a bit more high-end power. The horn sounds girly. The ride can get a little harsh over wavy pavement. The headliner feels cheap. It has no automatic headlights, which seems strange to omit on a car with all the nice features it's got.

keeps on ticking
By diehard080

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

i am updating my last review at 50k miles and just rolled over 75k . o regularly change the oil using mobil 1 20-50 as original was dino which i used until 2 changes at about 10 k miles as it was good and broken in. since ive chenged the trans fluid at 30k (flush) and 60(flush again) and the plugs once around 45.i hit some nasty potholes but the suspension seems spot on having thorough checks after any incident .I check oil level particularly after oil changes which is usually a big problem since residual oil can be up to 3/4 q and bad for seals . other than that not burning oil, runs better than new and fast as hell . preventative maint.dont use dealers that act like they could give a sheit

reliable and i drive it almost everyday . its auto trans is awesome , sorry if you bought a manual thinking your are racer-x but the the auto electronic 5 speed is on of the best trans ever built by mazda , tech used from formula racing , bulletproof . dosent let one single puff of smoke on cold starts and runs clean , best car ever ownec based on all around factors , compate to my bmw this thing is a god send , german cars in my opinion have beome expensive nightmares , 2014 was the biggest year EVER in auto history with the most recalled cars ...847 million - GM was #1 the list will surprise you . if you want to drive and not spend your life at the shop ...pick a mazda .

build better rotors . sick of resurfacing

Great car
By kai696

2010 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was never a huge fan of Mazda but when I got this car I really loved it. It worked well and was very reliable, no maintenance at the 100,000km mark (except regular maintenance of course), however it doesn't have a lot of power, I notice there's a bit of a delay from when I press the gas peddle into when it picks up, I never had this on my Toyota Echo.. but all in all I think this car is great for anyone upgrading from a smaller car. They will be pleasently surprised how much it has to offer. Car came with Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo. I only wish the turning would be a bit more tight, but it does turn well.. just not quite well enough..

Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo.

Add more HP, and fix that delay in acceleration.