Used 2010 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Best First Car!
By johnnymize6

2010 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

For my first car I bought a white 2010 Mazda 3 2.0 liter i Touring with the moon and tune package. It currently has just over 52000 miles on it. The 2.0 liter 4 cyl. has good pick-up around town, but passing and merging on the freeway are a little strained. It's a fun little car that handles great and has a lot of nice features like a Bose sound system, a power sunroof, and Bluetooth. The ride is surprisingly comfortable on most bumps but on wavy surfaces it bounces up and down a lot. It's pretty quiet inside now that I put new tires on it. Everything is easy to reach while you're driving. It feels really nice and stable on the freeway, and the ride settles a bit as well.

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, Sunroof, Bluetooth, handling, fuel economy, ergonomics, fun factor, it's just a zippy, fun little car.

Suggested Improvements

It could use a bit more high-end power. The horn sounds girly. The ride can get a little harsh over wavy pavement. The headliner feels cheap. It has no automatic headlights, which seems strange to omit on a car with all the nice features it's got.

keeps on ticking
By diehard080

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

i am updating my last review at 50k miles and just rolled over 75k . o regularly change the oil using mobil 1 20-50 as original was dino which i used until 2 changes at about 10 k miles as it was good and broken in. since ive chenged the trans fluid at 30k (flush) and 60(flush again) and the plugs once around 45.i hit some nasty potholes but the suspension seems spot on having thorough checks after any incident .I check oil level particularly after oil changes which is usually a big problem since residual oil can be up to 3/4 q and bad for seals . other than that not burning oil, runs better than new and fast as hell . preventative maint.dont use dealers that act like they could give a sheit

Favorite Features

reliable and i drive it almost everyday . its auto trans is awesome , sorry if you bought a manual thinking your are racer-x but the the auto electronic 5 speed is on of the best trans ever built by mazda , tech used from formula racing , bulletproof . dosent let one single puff of smoke on cold starts and runs clean , best car ever ownec based on all around factors , compate to my bmw this thing is a god send , german cars in my opinion have beome expensive nightmares , 2014 was the biggest year EVER in auto history with the most recalled cars ...847 million - GM was #1 the list will surprise you . if you want to drive and not spend your life at the shop ...pick a mazda .

Suggested Improvements

build better rotors . sick of resurfacing

Great car
By kai696

2010 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was never a huge fan of Mazda but when I got this car I really loved it. It worked well and was very reliable, no maintenance at the 100,000km mark (except regular maintenance of course), however it doesn't have a lot of power, I notice there's a bit of a delay from when I press the gas peddle into when it picks up, I never had this on my Toyota Echo.. but all in all I think this car is great for anyone upgrading from a smaller car. They will be pleasently surprised how much it has to offer. Car came with Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo. I only wish the turning would be a bit more tight, but it does turn well.. just not quite well enough..

Favorite Features

Moon roof/AC/ Power Windows / CD/Bluetooth combo.

Suggested Improvements

Add more HP, and fix that delay in acceleration.

2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.5 manual
By tazbird

2010 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

No adjustments required by dealer from day one to present. 55,000 km and have only replaced the battery. Two trips from Ontario to Florida, and one trip to Virginia. Excellent value and fun to drive. My third Mazda.

Favorite Features

Manual yransmission shifts better than Mazda 6 as tested in summer of 1999. Fun to drive manual transmission cars.

Suggested Improvements

None

65,000 update
By diehard080

2010 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but great driving experiences and initially when this car came out people were wineing about the front end ,now almost every car company has stolen the body of the Mazda 3 2010 hatchback .people are stopping me at gas stations so it seems mazda again way ahead of its time .I'm writing this just after the first plug change & using mobil1 20-50 syn as factory oil in 2010 for the 2.5 was 20-50 Dino , I switched after break in at 10k . Then in 2011 the 2.5 got 0-20 syn as factory oil. So after plug change this thing bloomed like a new car and rips like a rocket that's been sport tuned . It definitely still blueprint balanced .

Favorite Features

This engine is amazing at 65k and ridiculous oil changes every 2-3k after a 5k first oil change for good break in followed by another 5k of Dino oil , then a switch to Mobil 1 and 2-3k changes thereafter . Granted I don't drive it hard , but I have been in some traffic jams and that sitting is hard on any engine , also i change the Trans fluid every 25 k. As theres no service advisement except see dealer ? If you can find a mechanic you can trust or just do it regularly ,I choose to be safe as changing Trans fluid as it's a big overlooked service on an auto Trans . And this electronic Trans is killer and if you got one of the first 500 2010s shipped to the states you got a Trans cooler also

Suggested Improvements

The Trans cooler , can be easily spotted by looking directly at the front of the car at. About 2 ft up and you will see the drivers side black vent is actually webbed and allowes air to pass thru it and open the hood and down below the headlight assembly us a small 5" x 10" small radiator tucked neatly in there . Guess Mazda found they just put to many things on this car initially as in the USA in the 2 quarter they eliminated the side mirror integrated turn signals that are mandatory on all cars in Europe . But not the US , so 86 . If you got an early one like I did you got both of those items ,no extra .Needs temp gauge instead of idiot light ,and no oem gauge is offered aftermkt.grrrr