Great Ride, Great Drive, Annoying Gas Cap...
By jrslushy61 on
2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
I have always been a Toyota admirer, until I saw the sharp styling of the Mazda 3, and once I noticed how highly rated they are and the gas mileage, I was interested. I got mine about 6 months ago, and I have loved it ever since. The only issue I had was with the dealership not wanting to replace the recalled gas cap. I had it too tight one time, and they had to take it off and I notified them of it and I was ignored. About a month later, (a week ago from now) it had broken off when I tried to fuel up. Other than this issue, I have been driving this car back and forth from home to class, and have had no other issues. The ride is very smooth, I get great gas mileage (23 city, 32 highway)
Favorite Features
Some of the best qualities of the Mazda 3 I would have to say would be: Great Handling, because when I drive this car, I have never had an issue, and the ride is always smooth. Stylish Appeal: It is a car that I am proud to show everyone, and I also get great gas mileage. Good Gas Mileage: As I stated before, I got great mileage for the s touring model. I don't sacrifice saving gas $, for speed. Acceleration: 156 hp may not seem like much, but I can get from 0 to 60 in no time at all for an affordable car. Overall Quality: I don't have to worry about cheap plastic interior, or poor design, or reliability. My car always starts, gets me where I need to go, and it is very nice to look at.
Suggested Improvements
I only wish the gas mileage was better for a 2.3L. I was interested in the iGrandTouring, however, I simply could not pass up the deal I got. ($11,000) A better quality/ not-so-picky gas cap would be nice as well. It was the only frustration I've had with my car.I would have to say the engine is quite loud, I mean, I am used to now, however for awhile, It had me worried. My other suggestions would not so much refer to this year model, but to the current models, such as the "Smiley Face" on the front. Other than these improvements, I would have to say Mazda 3 is a very solid, reliable car. Good for both the traveling businessman, and for single people looking for a sharp ride