My Long Term Review After 1 Year
By Fun2Driver on
2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
This is an update to my review back in 4/2009, after 1 year plus few months of ownership of my Maz3. The car's still in excellent shape after more than 23k miles of hard driving, mostly long distance highway miles. No major repairs needed besides routine maintenance and oil changes. Overall I have no regret for my ownership. The most major complain though, is from the P205/50VR17 stock tires and Maz3's stiff suspension. The tires are almost worn out (should last 30k miles). They are very noisy. They are all-season tires, but absolutely horrible for driving in snow! Unfortunately, I've moved to a potholes-ridden and snowy state. That proved to be the most unforgiven condition for my Maz3.
Favorite Features
So so tires, stiff suspension, low profile wheels, plus quick acceleration and touchy brakes, the Maz3 provided to be tricky to drive on snow. On bad road surfaces, the ride hurts both physically and mentally (hate to feel/hear my car get beat up so badly). It's not the car's own fault, though.
Suggested Improvements
It's really not designed for these conditions. I will change to better performance tires soon, will see how that will help. Another minor complain is the back seats do not fold flat for big cargoes. That's about it for complains. Reliability is so far so good. The fun of driving continues! :)