2009 Mazda Mazda3 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fantastic car and a blast

2009 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

Fantastic car and a blast to drive!
By MJ on

2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my 2009 Mazda 3 S-Touring for just 3 wks. and a little over 1,000 miles, but so far, I love this car! I commute 50-miles per day roundtrip to work and traded in a 2004 Ford Ranger for the Mazda 3 in order to save gas money. So far, the car is averaging 29.5 mpg, and on the highway trip home from the dealership, the first tank of gas got 33.5 mpg, which is outstanding. The car is a blast to drive, especially on country back roads with a lot of turns. The exterior is very sporty compared to all the other economy cars. The interior appears very upscale and the seats are quite comfortable. Stereo system is also great & auxiliary jack for iPod is very handy. Great acceleration w/ 2.3L.

Favorite Features

Sporty looks, great acceleration & braking, handles very well, gas mileage is good considering how peppy the engine is, moonroof & 6-disc packages very nice. Auxiliary jack for iPod is awesome & keeps me entertained for my daily work commutes. Radio controls easy to operate, esp. on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Lights for night-time driving are barely adequate, esp. on the dim setting (almost useless on dim at highway speed). Also, when exterior lights are used in daylight (eg, rain), the dash gauge lights are barely noticeable. Stormy Blue Mica color is gorgeous, but extremely hard to keep clean!