2009 Mazda3 GT (Sedan): Quick Review
By Cardero on
2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased the 2009 Mazda3 GT w/ Luxury Package in September '08. I have put close to 4k KMs on it since. I had compared it to several other cars in its price range; overall I am very pleased with my purchase. The combination of sleek exterior design, modern interior loaded with standard features, and quick and agile response and handling make this car a pleasure to drive. Features included with the GT trim w/ luxury package (i.e. moonroof, leather interior, Bose audio, heated seats, chrome door handles, modern interior and exterior trim/dash design, climate control, nice front grill, curvy where it counts) support the feeling that I got a ton of value for my dollar.
Favorite Features
Very quick and responsive acceleration and tight handling. Smooth transmission (5MT), easy and fun to drive. Sexy exterior styling, looks much sportier than the price suggests. Modern interior design, impressive dash and controls, lots of features and niceties. Lots of safety features are standard.
Suggested Improvements
Above average gas mileage, but could be improved. Could use a little more acceleration at higher gears, especially when climbing hills. Can be a bumpy ride on rough road. The auto-lighting feature (at least on mine) needs work, i.e. it turns OFF my lights when in a tunnel and ON when not (sometimes).