2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Love My 3
By dark_temp on 04/15/12 17:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3 last summer at 13k miles and have loved it since. it handles very well even at over 100+ mph, with previous racing experience and looking for a practical college car I found my baby. attractive enough to get compliments from others and with the 2.0 I, engine speeds up considerately enough to drive on the freeway with confidence (better torque and pick up with the 2.3 engines though, take note to that!). I often forget im going 90 because i dont even notice!?, cabin is quiet without its oem wheels and very stable driving. snow was no problem and neither hills. still loving my car looks cool but not overbearing.

Great Bang for the Buck
By RonW on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

While I'm a big Honda fan, I've also owned three Mazda and couldn't pass up an end of year deal on my 3. Great exterior styling, this car looks like more money. Handling is a bit stiff but also responsive. Smooth engine but get the manual transmission for the 2.0 engine. While mileage could be better, I can't complain. Just came back from a 500 mile trip to FL with no problems. The instruments and ergonomics are quite good on the Mazda 3. Only niggles I have are the poor OEM/Goodyear tires, minimal grip and lots of noise. Gas mileage could be better and build quality a touch below Honda. But still an amazing deal for the price, I paid under $16K brand new...

So far so good.
By Kevin B on 08/03/09 07:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All of the features have been covered in other reviews but have two complaints. 1. Someone else mentioned the dirt/rocks issue....for some reason, on this vehicle, the rocks and dirt you pick up from the road rolls around in the wheel wells and is very audible..more so then any other vehicle I have had, even a Toyota Pick UP..so that can be somewhat annoying..I purposely avoid sandy parts of the road cuz I don't want to hear the rocks rattling around for the next 10 seconds.

I love this sporty little car!
By david on 04/28/09 14:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 50 year old driver and have owned several cars for 12+ years so I was looking for a practical & reliable car. Boring right? Well, the Mazda 3i is all about practical & reliable...but the cool factor is off the chart too. I compared sevaral cars in the class for the following features: independent suspension & abs disk brakes on all 4 wheels, twin cam 4 cylinder, alloys, 4 doors, timing chain (not belt), cruise, curtain airbags, nice sounding sound system. I got all this and lots more at a much better price than I thought possible with the 3i value package. The 3 is assembled in japan which, in my experience, means very high quality. This car rocks.

4th Mazda
By blkjk52 on 01/14/09 15:55 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I turned my 2001 protege ES over to my son, it has 157,000 miles and not a problem. I just filled up the tank (half empty) looks like 28 mpg (city & highway). I love the ride, handles like a sports car, not a problem and don't expect any. Bought car for my wife because she loved the other Mazda so much (I get to drive it once in a while). Going to tint windows; it warmed up pretty quick inside. If I had to pick one word for Mazda it would be "Quality".

Pretty nice
By JOHN M on 12/10/08 12:06 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is our first foreign car and she's not too bad. We bought the Mazda 3 i Touring edition. You see we drive a 2002 Vette and a 05 Tahoe so we are used to V8s. We looked all over and went through all the motions in comparing the Civic, Nissa Altima, Cobalt, G5 and G6 and the Mazda 3. In the end we decided that the Mazda 3 looked the best and the gas mileage was nearly as good or better than the others. We like the ride, sporty feel and its pretty comfortable. We also bought the version with the Goodyear tires instead of the Toyo for the winter time. I'm a bit disappointed with the mpg so far around 26 but I hear they need to break in so we will see.

Good value
By Ben on 12/04/08 08:33 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car and immediately went on a road trip. Handled well, many creature comforts for a car in this price point. MP3 Jack in center console is awesome. Glove box is huge. Average 33 mpg on hwy. Road noise is excessive and suspension is stiff, but sporty.

Sporty Looks and a Quality Drive
By tippsy12 on 11/07/08 13:49 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I bought the 3i Touring Value Edition in Galaxy Grey Color and paid 16489 before taxes and tags. The engine is very upbeat and peppy. Pretty good acceleration for only the 2.0L engine but I think its helped by a manual transmission. It handles very well with a tight wheel that is very quick to respond. I've been getting about 35 mpg on the highway. Gearbox is very smooth. Although on very steep hills there could be a little more torque in 2nd gear. The TVE upgrade comes with 17" alloy rims which are great looking. Ride is a little on the louder side, but feels like a sports car. Bottom line is great buy for the price.

Mazda3 Touring Value Manual 5 speed
By Ronald in Virginia on 10/27/08 13:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought it. Already put fifty miles on it. I got the manual because it gets better mpg than the auto. I narrowed it down to a Malibu and a Corolla Sport and for the money this is a much better car. I test drove a loaded Corolla Sport and figured the Mazda3 was going to be too small for me but I was wrong and it is a blast to drive! I got the six speaker six CD disc that would cost an extra grand with the Corolla and this car has ABS and traction control. I recommend this car to anyone.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*