Used 2009 Mazda 3 s Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Made of Win
By shawn

2009 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love my car, it is a beast, so glad I got the manual trans though, without it I could imagine this machine being a little sluggish for my tastes. I wanted a car I would enjoy for many years to come and I think I have it. Excellent gas mileage, even considering how I drive it at times, got 39 recently, mix of highway and back roads, and I tend to drive fast, needless to say, impressed with the zoom zoom. This car is a flat out awesome for its price, and has a lot of potential and I just got the base line model!

Red led dash lights, helps my night vision, turning radius and responsiveness. Aux port is nice, brakes are excellent. Great factory sound system too.

Does not handle high speeds and winds well, over 70 on the highway and a strong breeze you notice. Do not like the a/c and the engine do not work well together, kind of annoying. Tires seem to wear out fast, thank god for tires for life program at dealership, though could be my fault on that heh.

Fun to drive but mileage suffers
By TheAsianRacer

2009 Mazda 3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Previous to this, I had a Mazda Protege5 and that was fun and I had gotten great gas mileage regardless of how I drove it. Recently I got a Mazda 3s and it is fun to drive but my protege was more fun. The biggest issue I have with it is yes, we get more performance but your gas mileage suffers greatly depending on how you drive. My style of driving has been the same and yet I'm getting just barely 22 mpg around town and if I'm lucky I'll get 28 on the highway. The car is a blast to drive but the 16in rims and tires make the car feel less responsive but otherwise it's a great car.

The engine, dashboard, clutch engagement, steering wheel buttons, all the extra storage spots.

I'd like to suggest improvements but 2010 is already out...