Used 2009 Mazda 3 i Touring Value Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Love My 3
By dark_temp

2009 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3 last summer at 13k miles and have loved it since. it handles very well even at over 100+ mph, with previous racing experience and looking for a practical college car I found my baby. attractive enough to get compliments from others and with the 2.0 I, engine speeds up considerately enough to drive on the freeway with confidence (better torque and pick up with the 2.3 engines though, take note to that!). I often forget im going 90 because i dont even notice!?, cabin is quiet without its oem wheels and very stable driving. snow was no problem and neither hills. still loving my car looks cool but not overbearing.

love the orange and blue easy to read numbers. four large abs breaks and stiff-sporty suspension handles like a sport car. and hid upgrade is awesome with 5000 or 6000k put some in my fogs and head lights looks awesome lot of turning heads for that one. very compatible with any upgrades you put into it!

May have some troubles with shifting from 1st to 2nd at temps lower than 50F (a problem like the civics' si 2nd to 3rd) and have to shift slower on that one. the problem is on only a few of them. wish i didnt need to push the clutch button so far in, to shift too.

Great Bang for the Buck
By RonW

2009 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

While I'm a big Honda fan, I've also owned three Mazda and couldn't pass up an end of year deal on my 3. Great exterior styling, this car looks like more money. Handling is a bit stiff but also responsive. Smooth engine but get the manual transmission for the 2.0 engine. While mileage could be better, I can't complain. Just came back from a 500 mile trip to FL with no problems. The instruments and ergonomics are quite good on the Mazda 3. Only niggles I have are the poor OEM/Goodyear tires, minimal grip and lots of noise. Gas mileage could be better and build quality a touch below Honda. But still an amazing deal for the price, I paid under $16K brand new...

Exterior styling, comfortable bucket seats, red instruments, MP3/CD Player, Alloy Wheels

So far so good.
By Kevin B

2009 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All of the features have been covered in other reviews but have two complaints. 1. Someone else mentioned the dirt/rocks issue....for some reason, on this vehicle, the rocks and dirt you pick up from the road rolls around in the wheel wells and is very audible..more so then any other vehicle I have had, even a Toyota Pick UP..so that can be somewhat annoying..I purposely avoid sandy parts of the road cuz I don't want to hear the rocks rattling around for the next 10 seconds.

dashboard, exterior

n/a

I love this sporty little car!
By david

2009 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a 50 year old driver and have owned several cars for 12+ years so I was looking for a practical & reliable car. Boring right? Well, the Mazda 3i is all about practical & reliable...but the cool factor is off the chart too. I compared sevaral cars in the class for the following features: independent suspension & abs disk brakes on all 4 wheels, twin cam 4 cylinder, alloys, 4 doors, timing chain (not belt), cruise, curtain airbags, nice sounding sound system. I got all this and lots more at a much better price than I thought possible with the 3i value package. The 3 is assembled in japan which, in my experience, means very high quality. This car rocks.

incredibly fun to drive. A 5 speed stick is the perfect for this car! the styling still looks great and turns heads even though it's been around for a few years.

standard bluetooth, 6 speed manual option, side mirror defrost.

4th Mazda
By blkjk52

2009 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I turned my 2001 protege ES over to my son, it has 157,000 miles and not a problem. I just filled up the tank (half empty) looks like 28 mpg (city & highway). I love the ride, handles like a sports car, not a problem and don't expect any. Bought car for my wife because she loved the other Mazda so much (I get to drive it once in a while). Going to tint windows; it warmed up pretty quick inside. If I had to pick one word for Mazda it would be "Quality".

Everything comes together to make a nice complete package.

Have windows already tinted.