2009 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Best car I have ever owned!
By parolee on 05/31/12 12:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought used at 35,000 miles. This car is exactly what I was looking for. My hatchback is a manual transmission, and I love how it takes hills. Even in cruise control, it doesn't skip a beat. The steering is responsive. It's a fun little car to drive! Drove around the other day with 5 people in the car. One person 6'2 the rest 5'3 to 5'11. Everybody was comfortable!! IF you're any taller than 5'11, the backseat might not work for you with a fully loaded car. We still had plenty of storage in the hatchback to boot! The engine did not miss a beat. Slight loss of power out of 1st, but did fine other than that. For the class of car, this is the best option. Period!

My New Mazda 3 Sport 5 Door
By Andy on 06/04/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a Mazda 3 5 Door Sport after leasing a Honda Accord for the past three years. This car is GREAT! I had a couple friends recommend it and after the test drive I knew it was the car for me. It's got great styling, good fuel economy, and is fun to drive. The Sport version is loaded with a ton of standard features that were upgrades on other cars I looked at. The 2.3L engine has plenty of power both off the line as well as to get up and go on the highway. I went for the automatic (for my wife) but the manual shift option performs very similar to a manual transmission, giving you a little more control. All-in-all I am fully satisfied and would recommend this car!!

Great car for a great price
By Phil S on 02/05/09 15:07 PM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I put 211,000 miles on my 1993 Protege without a fault. Bought a 2008 Honda Fit Sport 14 months ago and it was totaled. Drove the 2009 Fit Sport, Saturn Astra, and Mazda3 5dr and the game was over. The Mazda is much more car than the Honda and much nicer. The Astra is nice but awkward and the lack of an aux input for the MP3 player just shows a lack of consumer focus. The Honda feels "empty" and lacking when compared to the Mazda. The prices are all very close so it's a good comparison in my book. I'd like the sunroof to be an option by itself.

Best new car value
By norcalsurfer on 10/17/08 11:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car last week and have put 600 miles on it. The 17" wheels and independent front and rear suspension provide unsurpassed handling for a car in this price range. The 156 hp engine provides adequate power and acceleration. The 5 spd manual gear box is smooth and predictable, seats are firm and supportive while still being very comfortable. Smooth and straight on the highway at 80 mph. The car gets a little sketchy when manuevering through the twistys on uneven pavement. The stock goodyear tires are hard and noisy, but provide adequate grip on dry roads. Braking is superb and this is one super fun car to drive for under $17k.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda3 in WA is:

$173 per month*