2008 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Review: Very happy

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Review

Very happy
By Tim W on

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a blast to drive. The 2.0 has plenty of power, and gets great mpg (over 30). The manumatic is a fun feature, controls for stereo and cruse are located in perfect place on steering wheel. To me and everyone I have talked to it is the nicest looking car in its class, and is on par with much more expensive cars like Jetta and Altima (if not better). It drives like a sports car, the engine sound is clean during acceleration and almost silent when cruising. It has a massive trunk for a small car. The car looks bigger than it is, and I am 6'2'' and I find the front spacious and the back tolerable but tight. Interior lights are red and dash has cool blue shine. Did I mention PZEV engine?

Favorite Features

Aux input for media device, cruse, many airbags, great MPG, manumatic trans, great use of interior space, exterior and interior styling, 100% Japanese parts, good HP for 2.0 liter, PZEV engine actually cleans SOCAL air!

Suggested Improvements

The horn is pathetic! Very embarrassing. Turbocharger would be nice, center console touches my leg when on gas pedal (annoying), no trunk release on keys, no MPG info on standard iTouring, I like interior lighting tho many reviewers have complained.