Super fun sport-like drive
By Barbara Martin on
2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
I have owned my Mazda 4 Door (with hatch) Grand Touring sedan for two days and am VERY happy to have chosen it over the Toyota Matrix which, although of reputed higher quality, was a total drag to drive. The Mazda is zippy, smooth, and responds quite handily. Of course I won't get quite the mileage, but then I'm coming off a 3500+ lb. mini-van so I'm still way ahead. I have no complaints at all and recommend this vehicle entirely. If you want a fun yet semi-sophisticated car that's just roomy enough for 4 adults in super comfort and is also incredibly cute, this is your vehicle. I got many more features for less money than the Matrix but ended up with a much better and more nimble ride.
Favorite Features
I love the entire car and would buy another one. The displays are more than adequate and logically placed. I have three young daughters and we all have enough leg room, etc. for even a drive across the state. I'm very happy with the sound system as well.
Suggested Improvements
My only complaint is the horn. It sounds like a child's toy and is rather embarassing. I'll be more inclined to just put the window down and yell if I need to. Otherwise, it's a blast to drive and more than I expected!