2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: So far, so good

2008 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

So far, so good
By mary_228 on

2008 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I"m writing my review after the thrill of new car ownership has faded. I'm happy with the car in general, but there have been a few problems. The brakes are still extremely squeaky even after 7500 miles. The dealer changed the front brake pads but this had no effect. Secondly, there is still a noticeable catalytic converter smell if you go to the back of the vehicle after turning it off in the garage. The dealer claims there is a break in period for this. How long, I wonder?? There is no area for a purse if you choose to use the driver side cup holder. Finally, the car handles badly in snow. The small incline to my garage is impossible to manage with even the smallest amount of snow.

Favorite Features

The trunk organizer is excellent for managing groceries. The audio controls on the steering wheel are great, esp when a teen passenger is attempting to control the audio! Really fun to drive and parking is a breeze.

Suggested Improvements

The controls lighting comes on in low light conditions which can make you think your headlights are on, when they are not. The low fuel warning light is not alarming enough to make you pay attention. The shifter slips into manual accidentally when I place my purse on the center armrest.