2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Ol Dad's Retirement Present to

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Review

Ol Dad's Retirement Present to Himself
By Ol DaD on

2008 Mazda 3 New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car since 1971 so I did lots of research and drove many cars before deciding on the Mazda 3. I needed the utility of 4 doors & a hatch, but wanted a car that was economical & fun. My driving is evenly mixed interstate & city, 5,000 miles since July. So far I'm very pleased with the car. It's fun to drive, quick, handles like it's on rails & never below 30 MPH. Mine is Copper Red, the interior is Beige & Black, very sharp. I have seen only a couple like mine in Indy. The 5-speed is precise & smooth. The traction control permits a squawk in 3 gears, with it off first gear will smoke the tires. Check out the competition, bang for the $$ Mazda wins;-) I would buy it again!

Performance & economy. Looks: distinctive-not everyone has one. Utility: 4 doors, hatch & fold down seats. Comfort: ride is firm but not harsh, seats are comfortable, interior is well thought out, controls are sensible, audio is good, The car is very quiet at speed except on rough pavement.

Beige cloth seats are attractive but hard to keep clean. Black carpet is a lint magnet. Hard plastic on interior shows all scuffs. Rear of car constantly collects dust. Weak horn & speakers which I replaced very easily myself. Rear seat does not fold flat.