2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Nice small car

2008 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

Nice small car
By arizonadragger on

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 3 for the looks and mpgs. But wasnt thrilled by the mpgs after tracking them for 2 years (24mpg avg). I do a lot of city driving, but expected a little better, hwy wasnt that impressive either, 28-30 most the time. I would blame the 4 speed auto, just not enough gears to go through in the mountains. The cruise control is horrible, set it at 60 and it goes past 65 when it switches gears to accel. Accels down hills in cruise control. Wanted to use a family car but the 3 star rear side crash rating is too scary. Solo city driving, its a very nice car. But I had to sell because it was a terrible roadtrip car that just isnt safe enough.

Interior is well designed and comfortable, even as I am 6 feet tall. Very nice looking car with the 17 inch wheels.

Cruise control and transmission. With the new ones being 6 speed and better mpgs, they made improvements. But still have a 3 star side rear crash on the new models, not good.