My Mazda 3 S Touring
By William Schwarz on
2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
I have only about 300 miles on the Mazda. It is fun to drive and handles very well. The steering and suspension is crisp, the brakes are responsive and smooth. My first tank of gas, mostly local suburban driving, was over 28 MPG. The engine runs slightly rough idling while stopped. I was told this is characteristic of a four cylinder engine. It is surprisingly quick off the line. The only other comment I have is that the key fob does not have a button to open the trunk. All doors may be locked and unlocked from the key fob but for some reason they did not include a trunk release which seems like an oversight. The body panels have good fit, finish and integrity. So far I am very pleased.
Favorite Features
I like the moon roof and 6 CD in dash sound system, also the instrumentation and lighting therein. The telescoping tilt wheel is a nice adjustment for varied driving positions.
Suggested Improvements
The ability to open the trunk from the key fob. I would like to see illuminated automatic door lock buttons and power window switches as well.