My experience so far
By Jason L on
2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I'm driving the 2.0 liter 4 speed auto. Before buying this car, I drove a 2000 Toyota Camry CE. Its really amazing the difference in interior quality between a Toyota and a Mazda. Toyota certainly beats the Mazda hands down in terms of build quality inside the car. I.E. Cheap plastics and poor stitching on cloth seats. That being said, the Mazda3 is leaps and bounds more fun to drive than a Camry. Virtually everything in the performance dept is better, with the exception of low end torque. Maybe its only the 2.0 liter, but the low end torque is a little weak. Once it gets into 3rd/4th gear, it accelerates QUITE nicely. When I need a burst of speed, the car definitely delivers.
Favorite Features
-- Excellent performance& crisp handling -- Sharp turn radius - the best! -- Decent gas mileage on the 2.0. Avg 23 mpg. 12 gallon tank (only 10 miles represented on the gas gauge - other 2 are the "reserve tank") -- Comfortable seats with lumbar support -- Very nice 6 speaker system /w aux jack
Suggested Improvements
-- Weak low end torque on the 2.0 -- Cheap plastic interior -- Cloth seats have poor stitching. Its a 2008 and already coming apart. Horrible: F. Dealer says its not included in the bumper to bumper warranty. Scandalous -- Slight rear visibility issues.