Mazda3 iSport 2.0L Auto Base Model
By PeteTheGreat on
2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
The 2008 Mazda3 is a typical 4-door sedan with an atypical drivetrain. From the line, the car gets decent acceleration, easily capable of bypassing the ridiculous Atlanta drivers (regardless of type of car) from a dead stop. Handling is great, with a fantastic turning radius and the great ability to carve corners at speed. Interior design is nice, the sound system is very good, and there isn't enough road noise to be distracting from a conversation, even on the highway. The only real gripe I have is fuel economy, but I knew this before I chose to purchase the car. As a 23-year-old professional, this car suits my needs without being flashy or expensive.
Favorite Features
Aux jack on base model! Nice design cues, have gotten compliments on my stock (clear) tail lights. Mazda has engine design to a science, which beats the Corolla and Civic hands-down. Nice handling carves corners. Glove box holds most 15" and 17" in laptops and locks. Auto-stick mode!
Suggested Improvements
Having the Aux jack in the console is cool, but putting it near the dash would have been nicer. Foam things on the bottom of the console cup-holders is unnecessary. Trans should drop to 2nd gear during turns instead of waiting for hard accel to downshift, must use autostick to balance.