High Quality on a Budget
By MTWnSTL on
2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
I just traded in my 2000 Eclipse GT V6 (loaded) for a brand new 2008 Mazda 3 Grand Touring (even more fully loaded). The dealership checked every box, including navigation, sunroof, and the Bose multi-changer cd. The fit and finish in this car is hard to beat in the class and price range. Everything about this car is high quality. So far, in my first 500 miles, I haven't found anything to dislike. I was worried about "trading down" from a sports car, but I think I've really come out on the winning end with performance, economy, and an upscale interior with all of the amenities one could want.
Favorite Features
So many! Okay, the heated leather seats are a blessing right now in the cold Missouri mornings. The rain- sensing wipers make me smile. The five- speed manual is velvety smooth and supremely easy to use. Great headlights! And the looks, inside and out, I am really impressed all the way around
Suggested Improvements
The radio controls are a little bit fussy. The Bose stereo, with plenty of bass thump, needs more tweeters. Voice recognition on the navi would be nice. I'm getting about 27-30mpg, but better fuel economy would be nice. Ride is occasionally jittery. But seriously, this is one sweet ride!