2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Great car for dry weather

2008 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

i Touring Value Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Great car for dry weather
By Abna on

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after researching the Focus, Civic, Fit and Corolla. It is definitely better than those cars. I missed a crucial factor when making my decision: I live in Seattle where it rains a lot and gets slippery. It also snowed a lot this winter and this car was a total disaster. It got stuck twice in my apartment complex and took more than one hour and lots of effort park it. This car is fun to drive, very sporty and handles tight but is meant for dry weathers only.

Good acceleration on flat and dry surfaces. Excellent handling and cornering. Simple interior without the cheap look. Well placed instrument panel. Manual override. Very good styling. Sufficient storage in the trunk. ABS on all wheels. Standard 17" Alloy wheels and disc brakes on all four wheels. Ve

Awful on snow. On rainy days, front wheels spin; wiper leaves streaks on the windscreen. 22 mpg in city. Brake and accelerator too close. Lack of rear wiper. Stiff ride. Lot of road noise. Weak A/C. Thin metal. Paint scraps off easily. Struggles when driving uphill. Bad stock tyres.