2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Can't stay out of it.

2008 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

Can't stay out of it.
By sdavis on

2008 Mazda 3 New s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 45 minutes each way to work. Since I bought M3 I find myself getting a earlier start each morning so I can take the back rodes to work. I have 2008 S Touring 5 spd manual and it is a blast to drive. Prior to that I owned a 2004 Mini Cooper w 1.4 liter engine. Mini hugged the curves better but did not have pep that 2,3L engine provides. M3 revs at about 3100rpm at 80 mpg, Mini over 4000. Suspension stiff on both, which I don't mind. M3 looks cool and theirs more room in the back for the kids. M3 doesn't get the gas mileage that Mini did but I can run 87 instead of premium. Trade off is worth it. In my mid forty's but I feels like a kid again when i get in this car.

Handling, 17" wheels look nice, 18" Mazda Speed wheels look nicer, would like to up grade. Looks good on inside and out. Sound system(MP3 Plug In, Controls on steering wheel, Sun Roof, Good Head Room. Cheaper to maintain. "Poor Boy's Beamer"

I wish it did better on gas. Currently doing around 30 mpg. Would like to have the Mazda Speed wheels in size 17" or 16". Skid plate doesn't line up when changing oil, has to be removed. Prefer old style oil filters. Reliability to early to say. Been good so far.