Better than expected
By Bob on
2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
Having driven mini-vans for 20+ years, I wanted something more economical (MPG) but still had some room to haul things. I also wanted to stay with Japanese. The M3 wasn't on my radar screen until pretty late in the game. I'm embarrassed to say this but the heated seats sealed the deal for me. The price was VERY attractive, too. Now that I've had the car for a few months and have put 6,000 miles on it, I'm quite enamored with it. Great amenities. It's fun too drive -- too fun maybe. I often have a hard time going easy for the better MPG. I miss the space/convenience of a mini-van but life is all about tradeoffs. Bottom line: no regrets, at least so far.
Favorite Features
Handling, 5AT, Headlights -- we live in the woods, Media interface - used with my GPSw/XM-WX, Trip computer -- helps me keep my speed down! I've always had basic vehicles -- I'm enjoying the (unnecessary) bells & whistles a lot.
Suggested Improvements
Heated seats with two heat settings and that shut off automatically (minor). No others -- I like this car a LOT!