2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Sort Reviews by

The road car
By willie robinson

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After test driving Honda,Toyota. Nissan, BMW, Volvo, Mitsu, the Mazda 3 came out on top for me to replace my wife's G35 and we were not disappointed. Put about 400 miles in three days and what a road car we got - every thing in it but the nav. My wife said it's quick and fast, love the car, do your research and test drive all the rest, but you will love the 3 trust me.

Favorite Features

Handling, comfortable ride, looks, leather, rain sensing wiper, auto head light, fuel economy, seats, Bose system.

Suggested Improvements

Auto trunk release.

Beat a Civic in All Ways !!!!!
By Mike F

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We looked many different cars and the Mazda 3 is perfect. More opitions for less money and more room than most. Runs and rides like a sports car. And the 17 inch wheels and very stylish. We would advise anyone it get one over the Civic.

Favorite Features

Moon roof, 6 disc changer, I am 6'6" and there are still room in the back seat. Telescoping steering column. And it handles like a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

It would be perfect if it had a remote trunk latch. I can live with that.

Best Car for the money
By Digga3

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives great and makes me very happy. I am an ex-mustang cobra convertible driver, and although that car was fun, it was a headache on my wallet and I never knew when the next major maintenance would arise. This is a great car, so jump on the 2.0 liter before they change it to compete w/Subaru! This engine is lighter than the 2.3 and in my opinion, more fun to drive.

Favorite Features

High quality materials, looks very rich inside compared to more expensive Hondas. Eager engine, projector headlights, enormous standard feature list that you'd pay thousands more for on other cars.

Suggested Improvements

I can't complain, I got a heck of a lot for my money. I love this car.

Fun car to drive-excellent car
By Luis

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking into getting rid of my chevy s-10 truck and getting a reliable sedan. Mazda is that car and more. I love the car and have owned it for 1 week. It drives like an expensive sports car and the feel on the road is excellent. You cant beat the price and the extras that the car comes with. If you need or are looking into a new car, test drive a Mazda and you will see what I mean. Love my Mazda 3.

Favorite Features

Handling, speed, comfort, looks, mpg

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release on remote - that is all!!

I love my Mazda3
By Melissa

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in my extremely basic Chevy Cavalier for a Mazda3 and i Dont regret it one bit. The comfort is spectacular. The Cavalier seats were made of nothing and the Mazda has the adjustable seat height I love it. I love how it lights up red at night. I love the Copper Red Mica Color! Its not as fuel efficient as my cavalier but who cares. I have a/c now and for the texas summers thats a major plus. Minimal road noise. Even though it looks tiny it's pretty big on the inside. The glove box is large and the trunk is very deceiving although it's short once you pop the trunk it goes back pretty far. I would highly suggest this car to anybody.

Favorite Features

The power windows and locks. The controls on the steering wheel and the sportmatic, even though I dont know how to use the manual side. The adjustable seat height.

Suggested Improvements

None

Loving it
By CJRZOOM

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 3i Touring Value last Saturday. I have gotten nothing but compliments on the car. It has great acceleration, nice looks, has a moonroof and a 6-cd changer. The 5 spd has a good gear ratio and the engine rides smoothly, particularly above 55 mph. Handling is superb and on par with German sedans costing nearly twice as much. I was originally going for the 5dr, but did not want to sacrifice fuel economy. Car is still new, so can't judge everything just yet but it is near perfect and I have no regrets.

Favorite Features

The iPod jack, moonroof, leather wrapped wheel and gear shift, wheel-mounted audio controls, foglights, lumbar supportive seats, telescoping wheel, visibility, alloys.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release on key fob, blue tooth compatibility, better speakers.

Mazda 3
By DannySyr

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent car. Very good balance between style, performance, comfort and reliability. Sporty and fun to drive.

Mazda 3 = Good Choice
By anb153

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Ever since I first saw the Mazda 3, I knew I wanted one. As soon as I saw the interior and took it for a test drive, I knew I wanted it. I was a little worried about the way the car sounded on the road, but I'm used to it now. For all of the features, I think this car is at the perfect price. My friends and family love riding in my car, and it is definitely more fuel efficient than my old accord!

Favorite Features

Good factory sound system, dash lights, big trunk, stereo/cruise controls on steering wheel, exterior has an excellent look.

Suggested Improvements

The wheels are supposed to be high performance, but at high speeds the car tends to sway. Horn sounds silly.

Zoom Zoom Zoom
By sc

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased pleased with look and interior wish it was a little more comfortable. I am average height 5'10" and is a little crampted. Fuel economy is not bad. I wish it was closer to 32- 35 the I have read about. Average is about 30 mpg. Warranty is ok, changed in the last few years I noticed. I am pleased, it's a good car smart buy.

Favorite Features

Trendy style. Small compartment below arm rest.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room, smoother shifting on automatic. Holder for gas cap to rest upon when filling. Work out check engine light warning if you do not tighten gas cap. holder for mp 3 since aux jack is included

Just a Great Value
By Heidi's3

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I did research for a couple years prior to deciding on a Mazda 3. My mom had owned the 323 and a Protege for as long as they've been around, and this Mazda 3 has the same peppy driving feel. It's small, but feels so roomy inside. The handling is fantastic and feels like a much pricier sports car, especially around the turns. I've only had it for a month, but am absolutely in love with it! It's getting around 30 MPG but that's mostly been in the city, not highway. If you want a cute, sporty car, that's fun to drive and an incredible value, this won't disappoint!

Favorite Features

Appearance, zippy ride

Suggested Improvements

MPG could be a bit better for a small car