2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
A thrill to drive; wish MPG was better
By Chris on 08/09/08 22:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

A thrill to drive, but gas mileage not as good as Civic (I am getting 25 mpg combined). Engine performance suffers when A/C is on. Missing a few operation features such as auto headlights and auto door locks. Handling is great, looks great, love the snowflake wheels. 2008.5 models get updated interior, and choice of tan seating surfaces instead of all black interior with some paint colors.

Great Car w/ room
By Sprigs on 08/02/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car as a fuel efficient commuter ride. I travel 30 miles of rural roads to and from work and from day one I have been getting 32 mpg. I am 6'4" and have taken the car on several day trips with my wife and three teen age kids. We fit snugly into the cabin, but everyone seems to have enough room to be comfortable. When alone with the seat back there is ample room and the seats are extremely comfortable. The 3 is very fun to drive, the fit and finish is a good as any car out there. The buying experience was the best I've experienced an would recommend this car to anyone looking for a cool ride with good fuel mileage.

New, but impressed so far
By timbo on 07/28/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at all of the standard compact vehicles. Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Ford Focus, Nissan Versa. So far I am impressed with this car. I have always been a Honda and Toyota guy and we still have a Tundra and a CRV as our standard drivers. We needed something for gas mileage and went with this car and so far feel very impressed. First day, one hundred mile mixed driving we got a little over 31 mpg (standard tranny). It drips with quality in the interior. I think the only thing that I don't like the quality of the carpets, but overall I think its fantastic for the price. Hope it holds up.

True zoom zoom
By Paul F on 07/24/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 97 Acura Integra, put 190k miles on it without a problem and thought it was time for something new. Boy was I surprised by the Mazda. It is way better than the Acura in all areas. I did a 1300 mile vacation trip to New England and averaged 34 MPG. The sticker shows 22-29. I was impressed. It is comfortable, peppy and very agile. My only negative remark is the amount of road noise that comes into the cabin, I think Mazda could insulate a bit better. Overall it is a great value and a fun car, I am very happy with it.

Great First Car
By Tyler on 07/24/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have the 2008.5 Mazda 3 GT sedan. I have one semester of engineering school left and I am so happy with my first vehicle (and first big purchase). This car is fully loaded and I couldn't ask for more. Car handles great, corners great, and has good acceleration (which you can improve with the automanual). The black leather seats are very firm yet very comfortable and the heated feature works very fast, ~30 seconds. This car has the best turning radius of any car I've ever driven. I could say a lot more but just know it is a great car and you really can't go wrong purchasing it.

Fantastic car - better than expected MPG
By archway on 07/22/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I switched from a very reliable and efficient S-10 after 15 years of daily use. Almost 2000 miles on the Mazda3 so time enough to review: really good interior comfort (I'm 6'2), great acceleration with the 2.3 L engine from a stop (though not quite as eager when merging onto the highway), and stylish, masculine exterior. I like that this is close to the end of the production cycle so the bugs are mostly (hopefully) worked out -- learned this lesson from the '93 S-10. This is really 2004's best car with fewer trouble spots and 2008 technology and safety equipment. Best of all, I have averaged a better than expected 32 mpg with roughly 70% highway driving and heavy A/C use.

HappyCamper
By rocketron on 07/15/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've waited a year to give an accurate review and I have to say I am still very happy with my car. Drives great, looks good, and this summer started getting 30 MPG compared to 25 MPG last fall. Drove well this winter. The traction control got me up a snowy hill when I don't think anything else would. Two other coworkers bought one at the same time and all have been happy. All had low tire pressure 3 months (cold day?) in all tires, but put air in them and no problem. Only issue I have is car is eating factory tires. 14K and looks like I will need 4 new before 2 years old. Warranty is 12K (not kidding) so Mazda planned this. Will spend $450 for new, OUCH.

Zoom Zoom
By UNCW on 07/14/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sold SUV because of gas prices and got a 2008 Mazda 3 i Touring Value Edition. Excellent car especially for the money. I got a copper red mica color, 5 spd, 17" wheels, foglights, one touch moonroof, 6 disc w/ auxiliary input and excellent sound, power windows and keyless remote, soft touch plastics and good interior feel, and neat interior illumination. I have had it for about 2 weeks and can't wait to get in it every time. First time I got 29.92 mpg with the 2.0 5-speed but that was mixed driving. Only city, I get about 24 or 25. After comparing to the Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic respectively, this was definitely the best choice

The best car I've owned
By David on 07/14/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the top-of-the-line sedan. It handles and rides very well. It's quiet inside without too much road noise. The automatic transmission is very smooth and includes a digital indicator of the current gear as it shifts, which is a useful feature. It has good acceleration with the 2.3L engine (but you won't mistake it for a V6 or V8.) The car was delivered in perfect condition, with no problems or blemishes of any kind. Both the interior and exterior have a "look" of quality. The car doesn't appear cheesy, like a lot of inexpensive cars do. On my 2nd tank of gas, the display showed 28.4 mpg average. It has a ton of equipment: Bose, Sirius, stability, xenon, advanced brakes, etc.

The road car
By willie robinson on 07/13/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After test driving Honda,Toyota. Nissan, BMW, Volvo, Mitsu, the Mazda 3 came out on top for me to replace my wife's G35 and we were not disappointed. Put about 400 miles in three days and what a road car we got - every thing in it but the nav. My wife said it's quick and fast, love the car, do your research and test drive all the rest, but you will love the 3 trust me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.