2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
At this price point, the choice is clear
By gsr on 12/14/08 12:29 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Mazda3 hatchback. It looks good both inside and out. It scoots around well enough and shines on the twisties. A lot of car for the money. I paid $17k with a year-end $2000 rebate for the S model with an automatic. I would have preferred a stick but had to compromise with the Mrs and opt for the auto - I've been very pleased with it though and have zero regrets with this choice of transmission. The best word to described this car is "zippy". I always look forward to getting behind the wheel. My anyone would rather buy any other car in the same price range is beyond me - but I'm glad they do because 3's aren't as ubiquitous as they should be.

Best Car For The Money
By CRW7096 on 12/08/08 11:41 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Replaced my 2006 Mazda6 i Sport sedan with this in October. Completely impressed by the 3's capabilities. I lost very little interior room moving from the 6 to the 3. Gained nice features like aux input and electro gauges. MPG could be better, but then again I drive on the aggressive side.

Traded Fit for m3, I feel young again.
By damian35 on 12/05/08 07:09 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Reminds me of my 1982 Rx7 except it's much better. It's all in one, powerful engine response, adequate mpg, sporty handling, nice suspension, loads of features in comparison with honda vehicles in this price range. Tremendous quality build. The trunk space is adequate for a car its size and I'm really happy I bought this car. It's simply the best bang 4 the buck. The stereo and sound system are awesome even when it's not the top one offered in the se version. I love this car because it's the best in it's class. I recommend it to anyone who wants the best car out there, look no more.

2008 Mazda 3 2.3L
By Sea Cay on 12/04/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After a full year of driving, I am still very happy with my 3. I researched several cars before purchasing, including the Ford Focus and Civic, but I got the most car for the money with the 3. Build quality and creature features are superb. Performance and handling are excellent, fun to throw into turns, and though it does not have the umph at acceleration of the Speed3, it is still fun to drive after a year. I live in snowy New Hampshire and went last winter without snow tires, and was sorry that I did. That being said, I still got through several storms with no problem. As a testament to safety, I was rear- ended at a stop light the first month I owned the car(!!!), and was uninjured.

Ol Dad's Retirement Present to Himself
By Ol DaD on 12/03/08 15:30 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car since 1971 so I did lots of research and drove many cars before deciding on the Mazda 3. I needed the utility of 4 doors & a hatch, but wanted a car that was economical & fun. My driving is evenly mixed interstate & city, 5,000 miles since July. So far I'm very pleased with the car. It's fun to drive, quick, handles like it's on rails & never below 30 MPH. Mine is Copper Red, the interior is Beige & Black, very sharp. I have seen only a couple like mine in Indy. The 5-speed is precise & smooth. The traction control permits a squawk in 3 gears, with it off first gear will smoke the tires. Check out the competition, bang for the $$ Mazda wins;-) I would buy it again!

Not Happy
By Not Happy on 11/29/08 08:01 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Tire noise is very loud! This is a 2008 that is eight months old with 24,000 miles on it. This is my work car and is driven quite a few miles a day. I was very happy with mine, until the miles started adding up. Besides the tire noise, there is a loud noise coming from the right front fender area. The Mazda mechanic at the shop said he couldn't here it because of the tire noise. They contacted the Mazda rep, and he came to the dealer in Ottawa IL., but they didn't even show him my car, and I was told Mazda would pay one third of the cost to replace the tires, if they were replaced at the dealer. Dealer wants to put a different brand of tire on it so it will solve the problem.

I LOVE MY MAZDA3
By Dobermanlvr on 11/08/08 15:03 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my MAZDA3 about 3 months ago and I love it. It is a pleasure to drive every time I get in and start the engine. My husband has a new 4 door jeep and he even loves driving my smaller economy car. The pick-up is fantastic and the exterior styling is so attractive! I could not have purchased a better vehicle!!!!

Fun to Drive!!
By mark on 10/23/08 04:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving my Mazda3 for over a year now, and absolutely no complaints. It's a ball to drive, and the 2.0L 5 spd, packs quite a punch as well. MPG are an awesome benefit, have averaged 36 mpg for the summer & 28 mpg for the winter. Took a road trip to the smokies this past summer, and the car handled awesomely in the S-turns thru the mountains. I am very happy to be driving/owning my Mazda3!

15 years NO MORE HONDA
By Mom2DrewAidan on 10/19/08 04:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After 15 years of Honda's I have moved on. I gave my husband the 2004 Honda Element which is still a great vehicle for driving around with kids and everything at Lowe's. But mom wanted a sporty fun car for the commute to work and pick the kids up in school. LOVE IT. Great gas mileage. Pulled ahead during the gas shortage in the Atlanta area.

Glad I Bought It
By Penten15 on 10/16/08 10:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought my Mazda3 it was actually my first new car. It is very fun to drive and the steering is more precise than anything I have ever driven. The leather is very comfortable although the dark leather certainly keeps the car warm. Fortunately the AC is amazing. Fuel economy is good but not amazing, but the car is more fun than anything that that gets better gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.