2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Jack Rabbit 3i
By PnBoo on 09/17/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car for my 25 mile (one way) trip to work. After 8,000 miles, could not be happier. Averages about 32 MPG on highway. Very agile and turning radius is incredible. I test drove a few other small cars; this is the only one I felt a smirk come across my face during the test. I wish I had purchased the manual transmission. Only initial complaint was the seats, I had to use a seat cushion to be comfortable (very minor).

Mazda3 2.0L Auto
By Kennedy on 09/17/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Mazda3 based mainly on previous professional reviews for its reliability, agility and fuel mileage. Plus, I really liked the exterior styling. After driving some 6000 miles I've found that the ride is jittery, choppy and generally unrefined. It always feel like there is a wheel out of balance or tire out of round. Both motor mounts where replaced and a 4 wheel road force balance but there is still a lot of engine shake felt through the steering wheel and chassis. I wouldn't buy again.

A step up...
By Maria on 08/29/08 21:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I kept my 2001 Mazda Protege for 7 years (It treated me well... Thanks Protege!) I decided to update to a simple 08 Mazda 3 i sport. I absolutely love it! Even though it has no power windows or locks, I still enjoy it. I got my Mazda in icy blue metallic, a spoiler and tinted. It's also a manual with just the right amount of power (2.0L). It will save me money later on. I'll be keeping this one for a while!

Awesome peppy car
By Nancy on 08/29/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love driving this car. It's small enough to get around and find parking in NYC, but when the seats are down I was able to fit 2 mountain bikes in the bike with the front wheels off. No problems yet handling in raining conditions, haven't tried driving in snow yet. Fuel economy could be better, but at least it takes regular vs premium.

LOVE my 3...
By Christy on 08/25/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my CX7 for the Mazda3 and love it! The 3 is fun to drive and is very sporty. I am surprised it doesn't get better gas mileage though considering it's size. The fit and finish of the interior is surprisingly nice for the price. The exterior style is far more trendy than others in its class like the Sentra, Corolla, or Civic.

A Great Value!
By Cameron on 08/23/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For the money, this car was a great purchase. I added a spoiler and tinted the windows, and I have a nice little sports car for less than 19k. It's attractive, fun, roomy, and very practical. I only wish the gas mileage would be a little higher, but I guess Mazda didn't want to compromise the horsepower. I'm surprised they didn't add a remote trunk opener to the keyless entry, a minor annoyance, but the other positives like 17" alloys, steering wheel radio controls, outside temp, moonroof, and fog lamps more than make up for anything it's lacking. Mazda did a VERY good job designing this car, and it's an unbeatable buy. I'd highly recommend this car to anyone!

Good Car for the Price
By GAJeff on 08/16/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my Mazda 626 of 15 years with this new Mazda3. I really want to buy an electric car, so this car is to get me through the next few years. Other than being 20th century technology, it seems like a solid, nice car. I would have preferred to buy a hatchback but did not want to bump up to the wagon with its heavier weight and bigger engine. I've had a difficult time getting accustomed to the clutch -- it seems to engage much higher on the pedal than I'm used to. I've also noticed the air conditioner seems to place a lot of drag on the engine; this can make judging the gas/clutch mixture a little tricky sometimes. Overall, I'd recommend it for the price.

2008 Mazda3 i sport
By Elliott on 08/15/08 06:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am leasing the new 2008 Mazda3 with the 2.0 liter engine and so far, it has been great. It is the later 2008.5 model with more standard features. It handles extremely well and corners sharp-great for city driving. Amazing MPG as well.

Beauty is in the Eye of Beholder.
By joe mc govern on 08/10/08 11:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Car drives excellent on dry pavement. This car isn't a daily commuter if you have snow, the OEM RSA eagles slide all over in 2" of snow. Get snow tires. The car is well worth the money, but a lot of plastic and styrofoam in front end. Insurance is high on this car, but so is the Civic. The 2.0 engine is more frugal on gas than it's 2.3 liter. I rented the 2.3 liter HB but it wasn't worth the extra gas money. This car is a sports sedan with the low pro tires and sits higher than a mini and Civic, that's why I bought it. However next year it's history I'm going with a car that has real carpets, and a more rigid build for safety.There are not enough options on a 2.0 also.

A thrill to drive; wish MPG was better
By Chris on 08/09/08 22:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

A thrill to drive, but gas mileage not as good as Civic (I am getting 25 mpg combined). Engine performance suffers when A/C is on. Missing a few operation features such as auto headlights and auto door locks. Handling is great, looks great, love the snowflake wheels. 2008.5 models get updated interior, and choice of tan seating surfaces instead of all black interior with some paint colors.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.