2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
5 Month Review
By gzabts on 01/12/09 19:00 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with this purchase so far. Car performs well on the highway, but where it really shines is off the beaten path (this car loves curvy roads). TVE packed with features, though not quite the gas mileage I had read about... yet.

Great Ride
By Wayne on 01/08/09 17:43 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A very fun car to drive. Great handling and one of the peppiest in its class. My only inconvenience with this model is that the headrests block the rear view mirror's view and the side window design makes it challenging to see cars in either lane when changing lanes. Took a little bit of adjustment to turn my head more to the sides before changing lanes to catch the blind spot. Can't say enough good about his car. I've had Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas and the Protege before, and this car is by far the best for handing, acceleration, and just pure fun. The other did however have better fuel economy.

Best Bang for your Buck! Fun to drive!
By DEDM308 on 01/07/09 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a brand new silver 2008 Mazda3. I got the i Touring Value package with the 2.0 liter engine. This is an awesome car. The ride is smooth, and it's really fun to drive! It gets average fuel economy for its class, but the power from the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine is much better than you would expect! This car can definitely take off, and the manumatic shifting on the 4 speed automatic transmission is a nice touch. Kudos to the people responsible for this design! It just goes to show you that you don't have to sacrifice style for your money! This car is beautiful! From the halogen headlights, to the black-out tail lights, and the optional 17-inch alloys - this is a sporty car!

A great small car
By Love My Mazda3 on 01/06/09 15:57 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car new last year after several years in an Audi A6 wagon. This Mazda3 made the step-down very easy to take. Very sporty car with lots of interior space. Surprisingly agile handling and a high fun to drive factor. It's not an Audi interior (what else is?), but it's miles above the competition at this price point (and higher). No repair issues at all.

High Quality on a Budget
By MTWnSTL on 01/06/09 13:36 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2000 Eclipse GT V6 (loaded) for a brand new 2008 Mazda 3 Grand Touring (even more fully loaded). The dealership checked every box, including navigation, sunroof, and the Bose multi-changer cd. The fit and finish in this car is hard to beat in the class and price range. Everything about this car is high quality. So far, in my first 500 miles, I haven't found anything to dislike. I was worried about "trading down" from a sports car, but I think I've really come out on the winning end with performance, economy, and an upscale interior with all of the amenities one could want.

The Yank Mk. 2 Ford Focus
By AufMitter on 01/03/09 12:25 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been a joy to own since new. No problems to date, just basic transportation the Mazda way - fantastic. Proper layout in the interior; Shifter placement is superb, and the tunnel nestles next to your right leg in perfect position as a rest spot on long journeys. Pedals light and user friendly. Exterior design is that of 'form equivalent function', meaning there is enough emotion but all of it is usable. Of course the chassis is up to snuff, ready to drive your any and every mood.

Easy choice
By Mike on 12/20/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is hands down the best car to buy out of all the compacts if you're looking for value and maybe a little respect on the road. I test drove every car in this class trying to find a car that wouldn't bust my bank and was still fun to drive. Nothing compared to the Mazda 3 when it comes to the fun to drive factor and the amount of options for the price. If you like driving a manual transmission make sure you test drive this car. Nothing else compares when it comes to 5 speed manuals at this price. I've been nothing but impressed with my Mazda 3 so far. Mazda has done a great job of reinventing themselves.

6 months later!
By Melissa on 12/19/08 19:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I wrote a review about a month after I bought the car. I was overall happy with the car and still am. I just notice lots of engine noise. I inquired about Sirius radio and it's $715 to install and for parts that is insane. If they put the SAT button on my dash it should have already come installed and only needed activation. The paint chips ever so easily thankfully the touch up paint was only 8 bucks. I think it may be the alloys but when you hit a bump or pot whole the tire feels likes it about to fall off. I drove one with reg hubcaps and didnt feel that! I love everything else about the car and still dont regret trading my Cavalier...although sometimes I do miss her!

Fantastic! Good looking and Sporty!
By gina4321 on 12/18/08 13:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Lexus SC, BMW 325i, Merc. SLK230 etc. Mazda3 is what I have liked the best. My 2008 Grand Touring Sedan is loaded out with everything. Auto xenon headlights, 6 disk CD, tire sensors, Bose speakers, leather upholstry, steering wheel controls, auto sensor wipers, heated seats, sunroof, etc. All these items didn't even come on my BMW or Mercedes that costs way more than the Mazda3! Mazda3 hugs the road like a sports sedan without feeling all the bumps in the road, and handles very well. It's easy to get in and out of the car, black leather seats look fabulous and classy, dash lights up with all the lights looks rich. Gas mileage is super. I average 26mpg with regular gas. Buy it!

At this price point, the choice is clear
By gsr on 12/14/08 12:29 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Mazda3 hatchback. It looks good both inside and out. It scoots around well enough and shines on the twisties. A lot of car for the money. I paid $17k with a year-end $2000 rebate for the S model with an automatic. I would have preferred a stick but had to compromise with the Mrs and opt for the auto - I've been very pleased with it though and have zero regrets with this choice of transmission. The best word to described this car is "zippy". I always look forward to getting behind the wheel. My anyone would rather buy any other car in the same price range is beyond me - but I'm glad they do because 3's aren't as ubiquitous as they should be.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.