Used 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

I Love My Blue Baby!
By Maxine1981

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Mazda3 used in July 09 with a little over 6K on the dash. As of this writing, it's a little over 15.5K. I enjoy driving this car! for a little 2.0, it moves just enough for me. (this is my first car ever--don't need it to be any faster ;-) ) I absolutely love the sporty look.. the xenon head/tail lights and spoiler are cool. Stereo has enough bass and treble for me. The A/C could be a wee bit cooler, beige interior is ok, just gotta be careful with stains.

I love everything about this car!

what's up with not having a trunk release on the key FOB? While I like the look of the 17 in wheels, I am a little questionable about the Goodyear RS-A's. One just blew out on me today! 3 or 5 CD changer would be nice on ALL models. Heated side mirrors, and improved visibility for sides of windshield

Fun and reliable
By k robbins

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I drive about 30,000 plus miles per year so I am in the car a lot and the '08 Mazda 3 is my favorite car yet. I have Nissan Maximas, Honda Accords and Civics and the Mazda has proven to be the most fun and reliable car thus far. It handles well and feels more like a sport car than an economy sedan. The Mazda 3 has amenities that are usually only found on higher end cars such as the automatic windshield wipers, heated seats, zeon headlights, automatic moonroof and auto climate control. The absence of a truck release from the remote is about the only option I miss. Interior carpet and plastics are cheap but leather seats are adequate and comfortable.

I Love My Car!
By SarahF

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Mazda 3 for about a year and a half now, and love it! It is very responsive and fun to drive. Driving it feels "sporty", unlike other cars I test drove (the Nissan Sentra for example). I also felt like it had more interior room and better visibility than the Civic. It would be nice if the fuel economy was a little better, however, I still usually get about 28 miles to the gallon (suburban driving), and on road trips it averages about 31.

Very peppy - fun to drive! Lots of storage space, cup holders, etc.

Truck unlock button on key fob. Larger visors. Be able to open front passenger door by just pulling handle, not having to pull lock first. But, these are all nitpicky things. I love this car!

my life post-BMW
By stasia miaskiewicz

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

i am a 50-something woman. 10 years ago i got my midlife crisis car, a BMW 328i. I loved that car. eventually, rather than repair, decided to move on...I must have driven 10 different types of cars before i settled on the mazda3. went for the 2008 because i think the rear lights on the newer models look sinister - just me. it's been 8 months since purchase and i really like this car! - it's fun!! drive one, you'll agree!

it has pickup and handling that make it fun to drive - when you hit the gas, it goes!!! zippy. it is small and manageable - great turning radius, easy to park. like the mute button for the stereo system and bose sound is very good.

highway noise louder than i'd like - sounds like there's a window open somewhere. wish the trunk had a remote. some blind spots at edges of front windshield.

My experience so far
By Jason L

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm driving the 2.0 liter 4 speed auto. Before buying this car, I drove a 2000 Toyota Camry CE. Its really amazing the difference in interior quality between a Toyota and a Mazda. Toyota certainly beats the Mazda hands down in terms of build quality inside the car. I.E. Cheap plastics and poor stitching on cloth seats. That being said, the Mazda3 is leaps and bounds more fun to drive than a Camry. Virtually everything in the performance dept is better, with the exception of low end torque. Maybe its only the 2.0 liter, but the low end torque is a little weak. Once it gets into 3rd/4th gear, it accelerates QUITE nicely. When I need a burst of speed, the car definitely delivers.

-- Excellent performance& crisp handling -- Sharp turn radius - the best! -- Decent gas mileage on the 2.0. Avg 23 mpg. 12 gallon tank (only 10 miles represented on the gas gauge - other 2 are the "reserve tank") -- Comfortable seats with lumbar support -- Very nice 6 speaker system /w aux jack

-- Weak low end torque on the 2.0 -- Cheap plastic interior -- Cloth seats have poor stitching. Its a 2008 and already coming apart. Horrible: F. Dealer says its not included in the bumper to bumper warranty. Scandalous -- Slight rear visibility issues.

• SUV