Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Unsatisfied with the Warranty & Dealer
By Mazda3 itouring 4 dr

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this mazda3 new and 3 months later I had brake/rotor problems. I took it to the dealership 3 times in 11 months, they mechanically fixed my rotors and 1 month later the same problem happened. My steering wheel shook every time i braked. I called Mazda one month later and the dealership and Mazda said i was not under warranty. What? Whatever they did to my car was not sufficient. I am still dealing with the problem and found out today i have a manufactures warranty for 3 yrs/36,000 miles. So, everyone lied to me and still nothing.

After all that mess my favorite feature on the car would have to be tiptronics & ipod jack.

Please have quality parts, trustworthy dealerships and no scams

Road Hugger
By Paul D.

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car doesn't seem to lack all that much. Best priced in it's class. Ample power from the 2.0 engine. The stiffer suspension allows the car to hug turns in the road like a nothing else I've driven except a corvette. Fun to drive.Road noise is a bit above average on the highway. Stock Goodyear tires are junk. The wear way to fast and are no good in light snow. MPG is not bad I've gotten 26 mpg combined many times. Interior is smartly designed and comfortable for a small car. Base sound system sounds good but aftermarket speakers dramatically improves sound. If you're looking for a sport compact without a high price, this is the car.

Handling is outstanding, body styling, sound system, mpg at 26 combined hwy/city, spacious trunk for a small car, quiet engine for a 4 cylinder with ample power, overall quality that you. S. Car makers should copy, stormy blue mica paint

A little noisy on the highway, stock Goodyear tires are no good. Stiffer ride (but this car falls into the sports car class in my estimation), paint seems to chip a bit easier ( read complaints on that) but not a real issue at this time. Seat bottoms could be a 2 inches deeper for more thigh support

Great Great Car
By DYWB

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Mazda3 brand new from the dealer. It has been the best car ever. The stock tires wore out at about 30,000 miles, but other than that if you take care of the car it will take care of you. I have changed the oil every 5,000 miles according to the factory instructions. It was a good winter car for the Midwest. Driving in steeper terrain it is solid. I love this car. I will buy another Mazda!

MP3 connector was a nice accessory. Liked the configuration of the controls on the steering wheel and dashboard. Interior was incredibly roomy for a small sedan! The body styling and exterior just looked sweet!

Stock tires wore out quickly.

Great choice
By mark

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 08 over a Civic and have been extremely pleased. Got rid of the performance rubber for some all- season tires which made the car a lot quieter and less nervous. Handling is still great. I have been getting 35 mpg in the summer and 32-33 in the winter ( I am some what of a feather foot). The 2.0 liter engine spins more easily with every mile, the chassis is still tight, and the car has not had a single issue. I also think it is better looking than the new model.

engine, handling, style, stereo

trunk button on key fob, 6th gear in tranny, better carpeting

Zoom zoom
By :)

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Mazda 3 for about a year now, put 15k over the past year so I drive it alot. :) Honestly, it is a fun zippy car especially for those with a lead foot. :D Car is great so far. Love it! Better than my last Honda Accord. Zoom zoom!