2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great car for dry weather
By Abna on 03/27/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car after researching the Focus, Civic, Fit and Corolla. It is definitely better than those cars. I missed a crucial factor when making my decision: I live in Seattle where it rains a lot and gets slippery. It also snowed a lot this winter and this car was a total disaster. It got stuck twice in my apartment complex and took more than one hour and lots of effort park it. This car is fun to drive, very sporty and handles tight but is meant for dry weathers only.

Great Car for the right driver
By Tom on 03/14/09 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, excellent choice and I'm very happy. I decided between this and the 2008 Toyota Corolla...my last car was a 1996 Toyota Corolla, which did the job, and got great mileage; was ready to move on though, and the Mazda3 had always caught my eye. Fun to drive, handles great, easy on the eyes; My 3 is blue with a beige interior. If you want a car to get you from point A to B that will never fail, with great mileage, get a corolla. The Mazda3 mileage isn't great (26 comb). I was getting 32 combined in my corolla. But...if you want a more all around package, go with the 3; no problems with it at all, and have gotten a lot of compliments on it; definitely feels a lot more expensive it is.

Honest Assessment from previous BMW own.
By Ben on 03/04/09 09:58 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A month ago my cherished 323Ci had a meltdown. Living in L.A., I loved taking it through the mountain twisties on the weekend. With this economy, I decided to be prudent with replacement car. My ratings are based on expectations of the class, and not comparisons to my previous luxury car. I'm quite pleased with the handling of this compact. Though somewhat under-tired, it can stand up to a road like decker canyon blvd (23). The clutch is light in feel, but gives you a good sense of it's action through your foot, gearbox is excellent. Had the opportunity to test the brakes in a panic stop in my first week of driving, and they're probably in the top 10 of any car under $100k.

The Love-to-drive- drivers car!!
By Victor G on 02/28/09 10:53 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove other Mazda 3 competitors models (Rabbit, Civic, Cobalt, Focus). None matched the comfort, performance, style or price value of the 3. The cars looks great, has many added features and its not as common as a Civic or Focus. The Mazda provides the best all around package of reliability, easy to find parts, reasonable price, performance and sense of exclusivity. You still don't see that many around.

M3 5 door--Budget Sports Hatchback
By B. Hunt on 02/03/09 04:05 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The only car in its class that I seriously considered. I wanted a real nice, fast, sporty handling hatchback with great reliability and decent fuel economy that wasn't more than $21,000 in my driveway. That's what I got with the Mazda 3 GT 5-door.

Honest Humble Masterpiece!
By Damian35 on 01/29/09 15:43 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

All in one top car for its class. Power when you need it, MPG's are adequate enough, Stops on a dime, Frontal chassis & great suspension provide a great ride. Interior features only lack cruise control, gps and a driver's seat with height position ajustment but the telescopic steering wheel make up for it. The center arm rest and compartment console position you perfectly and even when the seat quality is less then the top model it extends on it's side to hold you in place. The sound system rocks, I especially like the dash design and everything to go with it, fit and finish is perfect. Passenger space is adequate for a car its size and I vehemently disagree with others the truck is big.

Warm Weather Car
By David on 01/28/09 19:37 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in June 08, loved every mile i drove behind the wheel sing its praises to all my family and friend. Until winter of 08 and it snowed. This is by far the worst front wheel drive car I have ever owned or driven in any type of slippery condition. The anti lock brakes are always on and off at every stop and go situation as wheels spin out of control. I love this car in good dry weather, but this is not a car for upstate NY. I spent $900 for snow tires, didn't make any change in performance or handling. This car will not make it to next winter of 09.

Love this car!
By EAG on 01/27/09 21:21 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I spent forever researching cars to buy and I test drove a few (the VW Rabbit, the Civic and the Toyota Matrix) before I was definite on the 3. The test drives clinched it. My mechanic of 15 years was also enthusiastic about the Mazda and now I know why. I am in love with my car. It is so sporty (looks and performance) and I couldn't be happier. I have the 5 speed and the shifting is so smooth, I would swear it was a pricier model/brand. I love to drive but I was looking for fuel economy too and I definitely picked a winner. The acceleration is excellent, but so is the fuel economy. 25-27 in the city, in heavy traffic, and 32-35 on the highway. Nice! You won't be disappointed at all. I'm thinking of buying another for my husband.

Fun drive but....
By CT driver on 01/21/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car after my Toyota was involved in an accident. This car is fun to drive and solid. Has decent acceleration and excellent braking steering, cornering. I like the flexibility of the hatchback and it's look. The gas mileage is a disappointment only 25 mpg with combined driving (no lead foot). After my Toyota I note too much road noise and feel every seam in the road. Pricing and multiplicity of trim levels is somewhat dubious/confusing.

Bummed out
By Brian on 01/20/09 03:09 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I was really excited to get this car except that it's been in the shop 3 times in it's first year. All with oxygen sensor problems which the service manager told me doesn't happen often. Well it's happened 3 times with me and it sucks. Worried about how reliable this car will be down the road. I had planned on keeping this car for a long time now I'm already looking for a replacement.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.