Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great Great Car
By DYWB

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Mazda3 brand new from the dealer. It has been the best car ever. The stock tires wore out at about 30,000 miles, but other than that if you take care of the car it will take care of you. I have changed the oil every 5,000 miles according to the factory instructions. It was a good winter car for the Midwest. Driving in steeper terrain it is solid. I love this car. I will buy another Mazda!

Favorite Features

MP3 connector was a nice accessory. Liked the configuration of the controls on the steering wheel and dashboard. Interior was incredibly roomy for a small sedan! The body styling and exterior just looked sweet!

Suggested Improvements

Stock tires wore out quickly.

Great choice
By mark

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 08 over a Civic and have been extremely pleased. Got rid of the performance rubber for some all- season tires which made the car a lot quieter and less nervous. Handling is still great. I have been getting 35 mpg in the summer and 32-33 in the winter ( I am some what of a feather foot). The 2.0 liter engine spins more easily with every mile, the chassis is still tight, and the car has not had a single issue. I also think it is better looking than the new model.

Favorite Features

engine, handling, style, stereo

Suggested Improvements

trunk button on key fob, 6th gear in tranny, better carpeting

Zoom zoom
By :)

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Mazda 3 for about a year now, put 15k over the past year so I drive it alot. :) Honestly, it is a fun zippy car especially for those with a lead foot. :D Car is great so far. Love it! Better than my last Honda Accord. Zoom zoom!

I Love My Blue Baby!
By Maxine1981

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Mazda3 used in July 09 with a little over 6K on the dash. As of this writing, it's a little over 15.5K. I enjoy driving this car! for a little 2.0, it moves just enough for me. (this is my first car ever--don't need it to be any faster ;-) ) I absolutely love the sporty look.. the xenon head/tail lights and spoiler are cool. Stereo has enough bass and treble for me. The A/C could be a wee bit cooler, beige interior is ok, just gotta be careful with stains.

Favorite Features

I love everything about this car!

Suggested Improvements

what's up with not having a trunk release on the key FOB? While I like the look of the 17 in wheels, I am a little questionable about the Goodyear RS-A's. One just blew out on me today! 3 or 5 CD changer would be nice on ALL models. Heated side mirrors, and improved visibility for sides of windshield

Fun and reliable
By k robbins

2008 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I drive about 30,000 plus miles per year so I am in the car a lot and the '08 Mazda 3 is my favorite car yet. I have Nissan Maximas, Honda Accords and Civics and the Mazda has proven to be the most fun and reliable car thus far. It handles well and feels more like a sport car than an economy sedan. The Mazda 3 has amenities that are usually only found on higher end cars such as the automatic windshield wipers, heated seats, zeon headlights, automatic moonroof and auto climate control. The absence of a truck release from the remote is about the only option I miss. Interior carpet and plastics are cheap but leather seats are adequate and comfortable.