2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Love this car!
By EAG on 01/27/09 21:21 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I spent forever researching cars to buy and I test drove a few (the VW Rabbit, the Civic and the Toyota Matrix) before I was definite on the 3. The test drives clinched it. My mechanic of 15 years was also enthusiastic about the Mazda and now I know why. I am in love with my car. It is so sporty (looks and performance) and I couldn't be happier. I have the 5 speed and the shifting is so smooth, I would swear it was a pricier model/brand. I love to drive but I was looking for fuel economy too and I definitely picked a winner. The acceleration is excellent, but so is the fuel economy. 25-27 in the city, in heavy traffic, and 32-35 on the highway. Nice! You won't be disappointed at all. I'm thinking of buying another for my husband.

Best Bang for the Buck.
By damian on 01/18/09 19:12 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Outstanding suspension for hard roads,it feels sturdy and well balanced at high speeds. Fast off the blocks, stops on a dime. Combined 25 MPG = pwr & economy. Interior build is a superb finish, includes many options. Passenger glove compartment is easily 18 inches deep. Center arm rest sits above a 2 deck compartment with an MP3 and an extra electric outlet. This same center compartment continues toward the center where a door opens for 2 cup holder's. Telescopic steering wheel aids for precise seating comfort. Sporty European exterior accented with front/rear stylish lights which standout for looks. Mirror like paint job is perfect. Trunk space is big and not overbearing to the cars look.

5 Month Review
By gzabts on 01/12/09 19:00 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with this purchase so far. Car performs well on the highway, but where it really shines is off the beaten path (this car loves curvy roads). TVE packed with features, though not quite the gas mileage I had read about... yet.

Best Bang for your Buck! Fun to drive!
By DEDM308 on 01/07/09 20:56 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a brand new silver 2008 Mazda3. I got the i Touring Value package with the 2.0 liter engine. This is an awesome car. The ride is smooth, and it's really fun to drive! It gets average fuel economy for its class, but the power from the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder engine is much better than you would expect! This car can definitely take off, and the manumatic shifting on the 4 speed automatic transmission is a nice touch. Kudos to the people responsible for this design! It just goes to show you that you don't have to sacrifice style for your money! This car is beautiful! From the halogen headlights, to the black-out tail lights, and the optional 17-inch alloys - this is a sporty car!

The Yank Mk. 2 Ford Focus
By AufMitter on 01/03/09 12:25 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been a joy to own since new. No problems to date, just basic transportation the Mazda way - fantastic. Proper layout in the interior; Shifter placement is superb, and the tunnel nestles next to your right leg in perfect position as a rest spot on long journeys. Pedals light and user friendly. Exterior design is that of 'form equivalent function', meaning there is enough emotion but all of it is usable. Of course the chassis is up to snuff, ready to drive your any and every mood.

Easy choice
By Mike on 12/20/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is hands down the best car to buy out of all the compacts if you're looking for value and maybe a little respect on the road. I test drove every car in this class trying to find a car that wouldn't bust my bank and was still fun to drive. Nothing compared to the Mazda 3 when it comes to the fun to drive factor and the amount of options for the price. If you like driving a manual transmission make sure you test drive this car. Nothing else compares when it comes to 5 speed manuals at this price. I've been nothing but impressed with my Mazda 3 so far. Mazda has done a great job of reinventing themselves.

6 months later!
By Melissa on 12/19/08 19:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I wrote a review about a month after I bought the car. I was overall happy with the car and still am. I just notice lots of engine noise. I inquired about Sirius radio and it's $715 to install and for parts that is insane. If they put the SAT button on my dash it should have already come installed and only needed activation. The paint chips ever so easily thankfully the touch up paint was only 8 bucks. I think it may be the alloys but when you hit a bump or pot whole the tire feels likes it about to fall off. I drove one with reg hubcaps and didnt feel that! I love everything else about the car and still dont regret trading my Cavalier...although sometimes I do miss her!

Fantastic! Good looking and Sporty!
By gina4321 on 12/18/08 13:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned Lexus SC, BMW 325i, Merc. SLK230 etc. Mazda3 is what I have liked the best. My 2008 Grand Touring Sedan is loaded out with everything. Auto xenon headlights, 6 disk CD, tire sensors, Bose speakers, leather upholstry, steering wheel controls, auto sensor wipers, heated seats, sunroof, etc. All these items didn't even come on my BMW or Mercedes that costs way more than the Mazda3! Mazda3 hugs the road like a sports sedan without feeling all the bumps in the road, and handles very well. It's easy to get in and out of the car, black leather seats look fabulous and classy, dash lights up with all the lights looks rich. Gas mileage is super. I average 26mpg with regular gas. Buy it!

Best Car For The Money
By CRW7096 on 12/08/08 11:41 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Replaced my 2006 Mazda6 i Sport sedan with this in October. Completely impressed by the 3's capabilities. I lost very little interior room moving from the 6 to the 3. Gained nice features like aux input and electro gauges. MPG could be better, but then again I drive on the aggressive side.

Traded Fit for m3, I feel young again.
By damian35 on 12/05/08 07:09 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Reminds me of my 1982 Rx7 except it's much better. It's all in one, powerful engine response, adequate mpg, sporty handling, nice suspension, loads of features in comparison with honda vehicles in this price range. Tremendous quality build. The trunk space is adequate for a car its size and I'm really happy I bought this car. It's simply the best bang 4 the buck. The stereo and sound system are awesome even when it's not the top one offered in the se version. I love this car because it's the best in it's class. I recommend it to anyone who wants the best car out there, look no more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan in WA is:

$163 per month*