2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great Great Car
By DYWB on 06/08/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Mazda3 brand new from the dealer. It has been the best car ever. The stock tires wore out at about 30,000 miles, but other than that if you take care of the car it will take care of you. I have changed the oil every 5,000 miles according to the factory instructions. It was a good winter car for the Midwest. Driving in steeper terrain it is solid. I love this car. I will buy another Mazda!

Great choice
By mark on 06/01/10 21:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 08 over a Civic and have been extremely pleased. Got rid of the performance rubber for some all- season tires which made the car a lot quieter and less nervous. Handling is still great. I have been getting 35 mpg in the summer and 32-33 in the winter ( I am some what of a feather foot). The 2.0 liter engine spins more easily with every mile, the chassis is still tight, and the car has not had a single issue. I also think it is better looking than the new model.

Zoom zoom
By :) on 05/30/10 09:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Mazda 3 for about a year now, put 15k over the past year so I drive it alot. :) Honestly, it is a fun zippy car especially for those with a lead foot. :D Car is great so far. Love it! Better than my last Honda Accord. Zoom zoom!

I Love My Blue Baby!
By Maxine1981 on 05/15/10 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Mazda3 used in July 09 with a little over 6K on the dash. As of this writing, it's a little over 15.5K. I enjoy driving this car! for a little 2.0, it moves just enough for me. (this is my first car ever--don't need it to be any faster ;-) ) I absolutely love the sporty look.. the xenon head/tail lights and spoiler are cool. Stereo has enough bass and treble for me. The A/C could be a wee bit cooler, beige interior is ok, just gotta be careful with stains.

Fun and reliable
By k robbins on 04/07/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I drive about 30,000 plus miles per year so I am in the car a lot and the '08 Mazda 3 is my favorite car yet. I have Nissan Maximas, Honda Accords and Civics and the Mazda has proven to be the most fun and reliable car thus far. It handles well and feels more like a sport car than an economy sedan. The Mazda 3 has amenities that are usually only found on higher end cars such as the automatic windshield wipers, heated seats, zeon headlights, automatic moonroof and auto climate control. The absence of a truck release from the remote is about the only option I miss. Interior carpet and plastics are cheap but leather seats are adequate and comfortable.

I Love My Car!
By SarahF on 03/10/10 22:57 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Mazda 3 for about a year and a half now, and love it! It is very responsive and fun to drive. Driving it feels "sporty", unlike other cars I test drove (the Nissan Sentra for example). I also felt like it had more interior room and better visibility than the Civic. It would be nice if the fuel economy was a little better, however, I still usually get about 28 miles to the gallon (suburban driving), and on road trips it averages about 31.

my life post-BMW
By stasia miaskiewicz on 03/01/10 15:37 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

i am a 50-something woman. 10 years ago i got my midlife crisis car, a BMW 328i. I loved that car. eventually, rather than repair, decided to move on...I must have driven 10 different types of cars before i settled on the mazda3. went for the 2008 because i think the rear lights on the newer models look sinister - just me. it's been 8 months since purchase and i really like this car! - it's fun!! drive one, you'll agree!

Sweet Ride
By Uncle Stu on 02/28/10 18:16 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought my wife an 2008.5 grand touring hatch, manual transmission new in 2008. So far no problems aside from once, the power steering failed then started working again (about a year ago). I have a g35 but I take this car on the weekends -- it handles better.

Mazda 3 Wagon: happiest Car on Earth
By JAGGER1024 on 01/18/10 22:09 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Had a Mazda 6 Wagon. Loved it. Went to replace it, but 6 wagons were discontinued. Tried out a 3. Loved it. Comfortable, zippy, no problems whatsoever. As much as I liked my 6 wagon, it did have a faulty gas tank. No issues with the 3, however.

My experience so far
By Jason L on 01/14/10 18:50 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm driving the 2.0 liter 4 speed auto. Before buying this car, I drove a 2000 Toyota Camry CE. Its really amazing the difference in interior quality between a Toyota and a Mazda. Toyota certainly beats the Mazda hands down in terms of build quality inside the car. I.E. Cheap plastics and poor stitching on cloth seats. That being said, the Mazda3 is leaps and bounds more fun to drive than a Camry. Virtually everything in the performance dept is better, with the exception of low end torque. Maybe its only the 2.0 liter, but the low end torque is a little weak. Once it gets into 3rd/4th gear, it accelerates QUITE nicely. When I need a burst of speed, the car definitely delivers.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mazda Mazda3 in NJ is:

$224 per month*