2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: 2008 Mazda 3 Sport GT = Proble

2008 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

2008 Mazda 3

s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

2008 Mazda 3 Sport GT = Problems
By darkface23 on

2008 Mazda 3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I can't believe any of these reviews I'm reading, so I am moved to write my own TRUTHFUL review.
I bought my 2008 Mazda 3 Sport GT new off the lot.
I made that mistake once, and I won't make it again!

I liked the looks of the vehicle and read reviews that indicated that the car was a good buy, so I purchased.

Problems I have had since buying include: paint pealing off body where rear bumper and quarter panels meet, both sides; carpet wearing out in several spots; brakes are a never ending problem with warped rotors and calipers that make noise constantly; bottom point of rear window is beginning to rust; shock leaked at 80,000 km; motor mount leaked and needed replacing within the first 25,000 km; airbag restraint warning light doesn't turn off, got to take to dealership to fix $$$$$$; automatic transmission needed to be replaced at 110,000 kms as it clunked going into 4th gear; now I hear a loud clicking noise from the gearshift area when it's in park and I depress the brake pedal.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mconte
on 05/23/14 08:39 AM (PDT)

You actually have no idea what youre talking about. When you press the brake pedal (in park) it is simply a locking mechanism unlocking to allow you to shift out of park... It's a safety feature in automatic transmissions so that you don't accidentally shift into drive. Also, shocks are supposed to be replaced every 25,000 miles on average (about 40,000km). So, if you properly maintained you vehicle you should have been on your third set of shocks. Also the noises you hear on the brakes I can almost guarantee is simply surface rust that forms over night. usually happens for the first few times you hit the brakes in the morning. furthermore, windows don't rust!!

By teamsc10190
on 05/30/16 11:58 AM (PDT)

I can understand many of the failures you've reported. The carpet wear-through is typical for this series Mazda 3 as the carpeting is the cheapest part of the car. Any of the parts that came from the Ford parts bin were substandard including shock absorbers, engine mounts, thermostats, and brake rotors are all the problem areas for this car. I've not heard of paint peeling problems for this car other than for UV-cooked paint that suffered as result of deferred maintenance. Automatic transmissions for this series have been very reliable, outside of the Mitsubishi-produced ECM. By and large these cars were very reliable.