2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Best Value for Its Class
By anenders on 06/26/09 22:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Mazda 3. The interior is well designed. It has many fun features such as rain sensor, bose speakers, heated leather seat, moon roof etc. I still could not believe that I could get mine for less than 20000 with 0% interest.

So far, so good
By mary_228 on 06/21/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I"m writing my review after the thrill of new car ownership has faded. I'm happy with the car in general, but there have been a few problems. The brakes are still extremely squeaky even after 7500 miles. The dealer changed the front brake pads but this had no effect. Secondly, there is still a noticeable catalytic converter smell if you go to the back of the vehicle after turning it off in the garage. The dealer claims there is a break in period for this. How long, I wonder?? There is no area for a purse if you choose to use the driver side cup holder. Finally, the car handles badly in snow. The small incline to my garage is impossible to manage with even the smallest amount of snow.

Best Car I have Owned
By Kevin on 05/16/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 3 series BMW for the 08 S-GT Hatchback . Got it loaded with the Bose Audio, front Spoiler and the base accessories are mind boggling , Xenons, Leather , Roof , Power all around , heated seats . It was an outstanding value and now that they changed the body in 2009 I realize what a masterpiece of beauty this body style is. Designed By the Jaguar designer and he did a top notch job I must say. It launches with ease cruises at 90 not even breathing and has the suspension to match.After I hit 30K had the fuel injectors clean'd and the throttle body and after that the car was like new and started giving me an extra 3 mpg on the fwy with more power. Dealer said stop using 91 it worked!

M3 5 door--Budget Sports Hatchback
By B. Hunt on 02/03/09 04:05 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The only car in its class that I seriously considered. I wanted a real nice, fast, sporty handling hatchback with great reliability and decent fuel economy that wasn't more than $21,000 in my driveway. That's what I got with the Mazda 3 GT 5-door.

Warm Weather Car
By David on 01/28/09 19:37 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in June 08, loved every mile i drove behind the wheel sing its praises to all my family and friend. Until winter of 08 and it snowed. This is by far the worst front wheel drive car I have ever owned or driven in any type of slippery condition. The anti lock brakes are always on and off at every stop and go situation as wheels spin out of control. I love this car in good dry weather, but this is not a car for upstate NY. I spent $900 for snow tires, didn't make any change in performance or handling. This car will not make it to next winter of 09.

Fun drive but....
By CT driver on 01/21/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car after my Toyota was involved in an accident. This car is fun to drive and solid. Has decent acceleration and excellent braking steering, cornering. I like the flexibility of the hatchback and it's look. The gas mileage is a disappointment only 25 mpg with combined driving (no lead foot). After my Toyota I note too much road noise and feel every seam in the road. Pricing and multiplicity of trim levels is somewhat dubious/confusing.

Bummed out
By Brian on 01/20/09 03:09 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I was really excited to get this car except that it's been in the shop 3 times in it's first year. All with oxygen sensor problems which the service manager told me doesn't happen often. Well it's happened 3 times with me and it sucks. Worried about how reliable this car will be down the road. I had planned on keeping this car for a long time now I'm already looking for a replacement.

Great Ride
By Wayne on 01/08/09 17:43 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A very fun car to drive. Great handling and one of the peppiest in its class. My only inconvenience with this model is that the headrests block the rear view mirror's view and the side window design makes it challenging to see cars in either lane when changing lanes. Took a little bit of adjustment to turn my head more to the sides before changing lanes to catch the blind spot. Can't say enough good about his car. I've had Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas and the Protege before, and this car is by far the best for handing, acceleration, and just pure fun. The other did however have better fuel economy.

A great small car
By Love My Mazda3 on 01/06/09 15:57 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car new last year after several years in an Audi A6 wagon. This Mazda3 made the step-down very easy to take. Very sporty car with lots of interior space. Surprisingly agile handling and a high fun to drive factor. It's not an Audi interior (what else is?), but it's miles above the competition at this price point (and higher). No repair issues at all.

High Quality on a Budget
By MTWnSTL on 01/06/09 13:36 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded in my 2000 Eclipse GT V6 (loaded) for a brand new 2008 Mazda 3 Grand Touring (even more fully loaded). The dealership checked every box, including navigation, sunroof, and the Bose multi-changer cd. The fit and finish in this car is hard to beat in the class and price range. Everything about this car is high quality. So far, in my first 500 miles, I haven't found anything to dislike. I was worried about "trading down" from a sports car, but I think I've really come out on the winning end with performance, economy, and an upscale interior with all of the amenities one could want.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.