2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Thrills on the cheap!
By revhappy on 12/19/07 13:06 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Mazda for four months now and have loved every minute of it. This Mazda hatch has it all compared to other economy cars in its class. Superb interior fit and finish, European inspired exterior, crisp handling, and sporty stance. The Zoom-Zoom of this 3 really differentiates it from all others. The 2.3L loves to be revved and the manual transmission definitely helps squeeze every ounce of power from the four-banger. I was debating whether or not to get the navigation system but decided against it as is not worth the $1500 price tag because it does not even have the touchscreen like the CX-7. At the end of the day, this car is near perfect for the price at around $20K!

Fun and economical
By mehra on 12/10/07 20:20 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A car you should have if you are looking for practicality, fun and power. Mileage is great and balance on curves make it strongest in its segment/category. Great resale value and lot of things are already included in the base 's' model.This is not possible in civic as the required options make it $3k more expensive than Mazda3. There are no Cons, other than car could have used little stronger AC.

Mazda protege 5 out Mazda 3 wagon in
By renoman on 12/04/07 18:27 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car about a month now, with a little over 1k in mileage. Once again Mazda has done a very good job on the interior of the car. Overall a nice jump in interior room from the old protege. Only interior gripe I have is that when my legs are the right distance away, my arms feel too far away from the steering wheel. No adjustment left on the telescoping wheel. The old protege just fit. Exterior wise, I just like sport wagons, so this car fits me. Mechanically mileage has been 26-27 mpg mixed driving. I hoped for better, I'm a little disappointed, but I chose sport over economy. The car is fun to drive, handles well, nicely finished for the price, and that's why I'm on my second one

bang for the buck
By prazvt on 11/24/07 04:04 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Interior design is superb, ergonomic, tasteful,. the 5mt shifts nicely, and the engine doesn't sound obnoxious. Climate control is almost too effective. Aux input works beautifully. All available speaker systems (bose and stock) stink. Replaced the speakers (but not tweeters), so that's remedied. Aux input works w/ iPod beautifully. 27 mpg thus far which is awesome! No rattles or initial failures the first month. Corners wonderfully. Thus far, no real torque steer under hard acceleration. Great clutch - not on/off or stiff. Awesome brakes, though sometimes I've noticed squeaking. Steering wheel controls work well.

A worthy little sedan
By Jefferson on 11/18/07 20:27 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I needed a reliable vehicle with good fuel economy. The 3 was my final choice. So far I'm pleased with the car. I've put about 800 miles on it and it's averaged 33 mpg thus far. The 2 liter engine has adequate pickup, but I would recommend the 2.3 if you don't mind paying about $1000 more. I test drove models with both engines. The brakes are very good and the handling is excellent. The build quality is very solid. The interior is very well laid out and materials are of high quality. Road noise is very pronounced at highway speeds.

2008 Mazda 3 GT Manual
By Mazda 3 GT on 11/05/07 17:49 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched vehicles in this class for about a year and chose the Mazda3 as best option. I am very pleased thus far. I got 38.9 miles per gallon on initial interstate trip 1000 miles and it rolled right down the road without exhausting me. The glove box holds a lot, and it has nice little cubbies and cup holders. It has good pep. On my way home from work I have a terrible entrance ramp to get on to interstate and it is scary. My Mazda gets right out there with plenty of pep. I added a few little accessories to doll it up, like a spoiler and a mask, and it actually turnes some heads.Two improvements would be key fob for trunk and better quality carpet. I am very pleased thus far, ZOOM ZOOM!

Money well spent!
By Spikeroo on 11/02/07 16:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

My first Mazda. I am very happy with the overall performance and the comfort considering the reasonable cost of the vehicle. I probably will step up to a larger model after I give this one to my granddaughter for college in 2 years. Mazda impresses me as a quality manufacturer.

Nice car
By Jack on 10/03/07 21:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Got this car last month. Its amazing. I like its engine - much better than 1.8L Honda Civic. Definitely would recommend. Totally worth the price.

Smart and Practical
By jtk on 10/02/07 08:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We were originally considering the Civic but took a test drive in the 3 after reading positive reviews on this site (and others). Wow, what a pleasant surprise. The 3 has much more pep (especially with the manual), is better looking, and has more standard features than the comparable Civic LX. It gets fantastic gas mileage! 1500 miles on our 3, and we're averaging around 30 to 33 mpg with about a 50/50 city/highway driving. Granted, it's no BMW or Lexus but for well under $20K, you can't go wrong.

Great Car - not so fuel efficient
By rsilverst on 10/01/07 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I am writing this review as a mostly happy owner of my new Mazda3. After driving my first 1000 miles of mixed highway/city miles, I am a bit disappointed that all 4 tanks of gas have yielded between 23 and 25 miles per gallon. I realize that the car is rated 22/29. Nonetheless, given the highway split, I am a bit surprised it's coming in at the low end of middle. This is not a large car, and it surprises me somewhat that my 13 year old Corolla with 155,000 miles on it was getting significantly better mileage. For now, I am very happy with the car - it's great fun to drive. But maybe I will end up going for a hybrid in a couple of years.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.