2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
By M3Owner on 01/25/08 10:47 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2008 Mazda3 Sport for my teenage son based on the excellent safety ratings this car received. I purposely chose the "S" model as side air impact bags were standard. Unfortunately we had the opportunity to test the SRS system in a recent accident which leads me to this review so others are not taken in by the false safety ratings that Mazda publishes. The car suffered significant damage on both passenger side doors and in my case the air bags did not deploy. I suffered serious injuries that could have been prevented if they had. When I called Mazda No. Am. I was told there was no one I could speak with and should persue through a lawyer or my insurance. Beware!!

Super fun sport-like drive
By Barbara Martin on 01/24/08 16:42 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Mazda 4 Door (with hatch) Grand Touring sedan for two days and am VERY happy to have chosen it over the Toyota Matrix which, although of reputed higher quality, was a total drag to drive. The Mazda is zippy, smooth, and responds quite handily. Of course I won't get quite the mileage, but then I'm coming off a 3500+ lb. mini-van so I'm still way ahead. I have no complaints at all and recommend this vehicle entirely. If you want a fun yet semi-sophisticated car that's just roomy enough for 4 adults in super comfort and is also incredibly cute, this is your vehicle. I got many more features for less money than the Matrix but ended up with a much better and more nimble ride.

Driving Is Fun Again
By John on 01/16/08 10:29 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for two reasons: I drove a 1996 Protege that I treated me dearly and I recieve special pricing being a part of the Ford family. My only thought now every morning as I hop in my car is, "driving is fun again". I have never been more proud of a car, both in style and reliability. There's nothing about this car I don't like.

Fun Zoom Zoom
By Happy Zoom Zoom on 01/14/08 11:05 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 3 for cheap reliable transportation, so far not diappointed. Love the response and drivability. I am a 300+ 6'1" male and I fit in the car nicely and comfortably. This car is roomier inside than it looks... Happy Zoom Zoom!!!

Unsurprisingly Suprising Quick
By SA 3 Driver on 01/08/08 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 3 a few weeks ago and do mostly highway driving. Although the fuel economy is not up to par with Honda, it does better than my previous auto. Road noise is a bit loud over 70MPH, but the car has super handling.The responsiveness and handling makes you feel connected to the road. A definite best-buy for its class. Very Pleased. 2.0L is great, but 2.3L is better, if you have the extra $1000-$1500

The Horn
By Eroteme on 01/06/08 17:12 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Overall quite satisfied. However, I will say I am not pleased with the silly horn, it sounds like it belongs on a small scooter, maybe a motorized bicycle. The bird chirping horn does not match the quality of the car. And I can't say I am all that pleased with the heater, it takes 15 minutes or better to attain comfort, at which time I am usually at my destination, freezing from the cold. Also, the panic button on the switch fob has a range of about 20 feet. My previous car panic button had a much greater range, helping me find where I parked the car on occasion. But as said, I am quite pleased with the car.

Zoom-zoom
By quicksilver on 01/04/08 11:20 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Lots of pluses. Zero issues in 1st 7K mls. List of standard amenities is as long as your arm. Since most the positives are listed in the brochures and Mazda info, I'll focus on the stuff they don't tell you. All cars have negatives. Consider if you can tolerate these: 1. factory speakers are horrible. Replaced all 4 with cheapo $26 speakers, for a major improvement. 2. Even understanding that performance uses gas, mileage is less than expected (26- 29 mpg). 3. Stock tires flat spot after sitting and need to warm up before the tiny thumping goes away. Otherwise stock tire performance and noise is fine so far. No need to slow down and brake for corners. That makes it very fun to drive!

Believe the reviews!
By EW on 01/04/08 00:19 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd write an online review, but I simply had to come back and confirm that this car is indeed every bit as good as people say. I needed to get a new car and heavily researched the Mazda3 in addition to the Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord Coupe, Mitsubishi Lancer, Subaru Impreza WRX and BMW 328. As you can tell, price was not so much of a issue for me as getting a car I really liked. I was worried that the Mazda3 was underpowered and too "economy" (i.e. cheap and mundane) for my tastes, but after driving all of the cars mentioned above I was left with little doubts. Without exaggeration, this car drives and handles like a BMW. I could not be happier with the purchase.

First Mazda
By BBK on 12/30/07 11:56 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I had to buy a new car. We've purchased Hondas since 1980. A lot of bang for the buck compared w/ a Civic. Solid build quality. Great drive experience. More standard features than Civic. Bigger engine.

Good Car
By Mazda Happy on 12/24/07 01:38 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the highway miles that I drive. Very happy with this little car. The only dislike is at the higher speeds the engine is buzzy. A six speed would have been nice. But it is a $13k car. I am happy though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.