Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun to Drive!!
By mark

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving my Mazda3 for over a year now, and absolutely no complaints. It's a ball to drive, and the 2.0L 5 spd, packs quite a punch as well. MPG are an awesome benefit, have averaged 36 mpg for the summer & 28 mpg for the winter. Took a road trip to the smokies this past summer, and the car handled awesomely in the S-turns thru the mountains. I am very happy to be driving/owning my Mazda3!

IPod integration, 2.0L 5spd manual, MPG! Good stock sound system.

Make HID lights standard on all vehicles.

15 years NO MORE HONDA
By Mom2DrewAidan

2008 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After 15 years of Honda's I have moved on. I gave my husband the 2004 Honda Element which is still a great vehicle for driving around with kids and everything at Lowe's. But mom wanted a sporty fun car for the commute to work and pick the kids up in school. LOVE IT. Great gas mileage. Pulled ahead during the gas shortage in the Atlanta area.

Sticks to the road driving, rims and low profile tires. The contrast light beige interior with black dash.

Just would like this edition to open trunk with the key fob.

Glad I Bought It
By Penten15

2008 Mazda 3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought my Mazda3 it was actually my first new car. It is very fun to drive and the steering is more precise than anything I have ever driven. The leather is very comfortable although the dark leather certainly keeps the car warm. Fortunately the AC is amazing. Fuel economy is good but not amazing, but the car is more fun than anything that that gets better gas mileage.

Steering, acceleration, makes you want to drive for fun.

Could use better tires, the grip is good but could be better, tread life is not so good. My car is at 16,000 miles and the tires are more than half gone.

Overall happiness
By thark57

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2000 mi. so far. All city miles so far. Mileage has steadily climbed starting at 28.5 to 31 mpg. There seems to be a gearing gap from 1st to 2nd gear. Trunk is roomy and back seats work great for my 7 and 11 yr olds. I think there should be more interior colors available. I wish there was a 6th gear for the highway. Not sure why the a/c turns on when you turn the temperature control know back all the way to cool.

Fun to drive. Good mileage. Looks great.

Horn is really weak. Add a 6th gear and spread out gear ratios across the spectrum. Radio reception could be better. Cigarette lighter will not charge phone unless motor is running. More interior colors.

Fun, Value, Economy, Pesonality
By woofer

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I'm impressed. My 3 may be described as a Japanese VW based on certain similarities. Handling is great, interior quality is great, and engine is smooth with better than expected torque and a great sound. A driver's car at a low price. Beats Civic and Corolla for personality. Thus far got 34 MPG. 5-spd is fun to shift. Body metal feels thinner and structure is less strong than my superb Golf TDI (which I kept); cheaper build, cheaper paint, but the price is lower.

Drivers car at bargain price. Good balance of performance, economy, fun and practicality. Engine feel. Overall very good value.

Dislike that air conditioner turns on when heat or defrost is selected and cannot be defeated. So-so audio.

• SUV