Used 2008 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great car
By Justin on 03/11/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great, the underpinnings are derived from a Volvo s40. The design of the interior looks good and is functional along with the multiple airbags and H beam overhead for rollover protection. The exterior looks great. The engine has plenty of power for the vehicle and tranny doesn't shuffle around for gears, the manual feature is great too. As far as the suspension and brakes are conserned they exceed my expectations by far. For a fwd you can't beat the handling. Overall this car is definitely worth the money.

Great car, bad city mpg
By lurch on 03/10/08 17:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Most reliable car I have owned. Logical layout of interior, sporty looks and good performance for the price.

2008 Mazda MAZDA3 s Touring
By Sal on 03/04/08 17:48 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was shopping for a new car, had a 98 Honda Accord for 11 years, needed something sporty and fresh. I really liked the styling of the Mazda 3 and was attracted to the many features and 156 HP. Love at first sight at the dealership, took it for a test drive and was impressed by the tight handling of this car. Have put about 800 miles on it so far, mostly highway miles. I find the mpg is a bit lower than I had hoped for, but it might be that I just can't go slow in this car! So far my best mpg is about 28 when I keep it on cruise control 70mph. So many great features-roomy, stereo is awesome with 6 cd changer, tight cockpit, bright orange instrument panel, safety features-great deal for 17k!!

Very happy
By Tim W on 03/01/08 11:48 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a blast to drive. The 2.0 has plenty of power, and gets great mpg (over 30). The manumatic is a fun feature, controls for stereo and cruse are located in perfect place on steering wheel. To me and everyone I have talked to it is the nicest looking car in its class, and is on par with much more expensive cars like Jetta and Altima (if not better). It drives like a sports car, the engine sound is clean during acceleration and almost silent when cruising. It has a massive trunk for a small car. The car looks bigger than it is, and I am 6'2'' and I find the front spacious and the back tolerable but tight. Interior lights are red and dash has cool blue shine. Did I mention PZEV engine?

An Okay Vehicle
By Fluffy on 02/27/08 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have had this car a couple months and it is not a bad car, but it could use a few improvements. The road noise is the worst, esp. when travelling on road paved with recycled blacktop. The carpet is cheap, more like a felt. I probably will go to the 09 Toyota Matrix which is offering Bluetooth and XM. I got a good deal on this car, but I don't think long term that it will hold up.

I love it
By newowner on 02/26/08 07:13 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have recently purchased a Mazda 3 and love it. It is a fun and stylish car with excellent handling. It also is much roomier than you would expect. I am happy I choose it over simlar cars in its class. It delivers the most bang for its reasonable buck.

LuVmAzDa
By Zippie on 02/25/08 15:27 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded up from a 2002 Honda Civic LX. I was a little iffy about trading a Honda for a Mazda as I have never driven one, but I'm so glad I did. I love this little car, it handles like an Infiniti and even the interior is comparable to the Infiniti. This little car is surprisingly fast and it has that agressive street racing look. I love this car. :)

Better than the last.. BY FAR!
By LVMAZDAtres on 02/20/08 08:20 AM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My last car was an 02 Mitsu Lancer. This Mazda3, purchased about 2 weeks about, is loads better!! Handling is excellent, power is there, even on the 2.0, and it is just fun! The reason I traded the Lancer was because it was just no fun anymore. When I purchase a car I look for fuel economy, comfort, all that stuff but over all it has to be fun. You can't sign your name away and 350/m for 5 years if it isn't going to be worth your while. This little Mazda certainly has proved to be so far.

Totally love this car
By Steve on 02/19/08 21:09 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Last week I finally went ahead and purchased this car (5 door Grand Touring). I was a little worried about not having snow tires and being in the midst of winter but it actually is better than my previous ride. The wheels will spin when initially accelerating, but seems to grip the road well after that (I will get snow tires next year since I live in MI). The car is just so much fun to drive. It feels so much like a European car. I am still trying to determine the average MPG. Since I bought the car with 14 miles, the trip computer appears not to have enough data to make an accurate read.

Mazda 3 = BEST car for the buck.
By zoom zoom guy on 02/12/08 23:08 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Hello to all possible car buyers. If you are looking for a car with style, interior and exterior beauty, performance and even good gas mileage for under 20,000 dollars look no further, this is the car you are going to get. Mazda compares this car to the honda civic and toyota corolla. First of all, bad comparison, the mazda3 surpasses both these cars by far. The mazda3 offers more bang for the buck in every single possible way. You get far more features then both other cars can offer, and these features are included standard, not for extra money. 22/29 is what they say, I've been getting 24.5 miles per gallon,50/50 streets/highway. LOVE the car.