Used 2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Not Happy
By Not Happy

2008 Mazda 3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Tire noise is very loud! This is a 2008 that is eight months old with 24,000 miles on it. This is my work car and is driven quite a few miles a day. I was very happy with mine, until the miles started adding up. Besides the tire noise, there is a loud noise coming from the right front fender area. The Mazda mechanic at the shop said he couldn't here it because of the tire noise. They contacted the Mazda rep, and he came to the dealer in Ottawa IL., but they didn't even show him my car, and I was told Mazda would pay one third of the cost to replace the tires, if they were replaced at the dealer. Dealer wants to put a different brand of tire on it so it will solve the problem.

I LOVE MY MAZDA3
By Dobermanlvr

2008 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my MAZDA3 about 3 months ago and I love it. It is a pleasure to drive every time I get in and start the engine. My husband has a new 4 door jeep and he even loves driving my smaller economy car. The pick-up is fantastic and the exterior styling is so attractive! I could not have purchased a better vehicle!!!!

Pickup, handling, wonderful A/C & heater, HUGE glove box and trunk.

A trunk opener on the keyless entry clicker. More safety features on lower models.

Fun to Drive!!
By mark

2008 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving my Mazda3 for over a year now, and absolutely no complaints. It's a ball to drive, and the 2.0L 5 spd, packs quite a punch as well. MPG are an awesome benefit, have averaged 36 mpg for the summer & 28 mpg for the winter. Took a road trip to the smokies this past summer, and the car handled awesomely in the S-turns thru the mountains. I am very happy to be driving/owning my Mazda3!

IPod integration, 2.0L 5spd manual, MPG! Good stock sound system.

Make HID lights standard on all vehicles.

15 years NO MORE HONDA
By Mom2DrewAidan

2008 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After 15 years of Honda's I have moved on. I gave my husband the 2004 Honda Element which is still a great vehicle for driving around with kids and everything at Lowe's. But mom wanted a sporty fun car for the commute to work and pick the kids up in school. LOVE IT. Great gas mileage. Pulled ahead during the gas shortage in the Atlanta area.

Sticks to the road driving, rims and low profile tires. The contrast light beige interior with black dash.

Just would like this edition to open trunk with the key fob.

Glad I Bought It
By Penten15

2008 Mazda 3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought my Mazda3 it was actually my first new car. It is very fun to drive and the steering is more precise than anything I have ever driven. The leather is very comfortable although the dark leather certainly keeps the car warm. Fortunately the AC is amazing. Fuel economy is good but not amazing, but the car is more fun than anything that that gets better gas mileage.

Steering, acceleration, makes you want to drive for fun.

Could use better tires, the grip is good but could be better, tread life is not so good. My car is at 16,000 miles and the tires are more than half gone.