2008 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews 16

2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
I love this car
By Lee C on 04/03/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been having a lot of fun driving my Mazda 3 since I purchased it. I don't travel very far each day, but it is always a pleasure to get into it, except for the trunk issue where I stow my gym bag every day. I am getting pretty good gas mileage - at least what was expected - or better.

Mazda3 Grand Touring Automatic
By Gerry on 03/30/08 06:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Got the Grand touring model, in Grey Mica, for my 19 year old daughter; Only option was the Moonroof Package, which included the Bose Stereo, 6 CD. Everything else was included: leather, climate control, heated seats, stability & traction control, side & head airbags. For 20k I thought this was a great little car. Other cars being considered were the Scion tC & HB. The car is quick for a 4 cylinder & very much fun to drive. Handles great. After 3000 miles we are getting about 24 miles per gal but that is mostly local driving. Buy one!

Fun to drive hatchback
By Steven Kim on 03/27/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an 08.5 Mazda3 Sport Hatchback after a dump truck trashed my 2006 Mazda3 I-Touring Sedan. They call it 08.5 because of a model change mid-year. I went to the dealer to buy another Mazda 3 I-Touring but the Copper Red color of the hatchback caught my attention. It steers and accelerates very nicely and definitely fun to drive. It makes my 100 mile daily commute bearable. As far as MPG, I've gotten, 28, 29 and 30 MPG. I'm not usually interested in a hatchback but the styling is sporty and far better than the Toyota Matrix and Honda Fit. I checked out the Honda Civic coup also and the roominess and interior didn't match the Mazda.

Can't get a better car for the money
By jjinqueens on 03/26/08 05:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 2 months (sometime in that 2 months they started calling it a wagon, not a hatch?). I bought it in Feb, during some of the worst driving weather possible, and it handled as though it were a dry sunny day. I love the performance, and the stability control in the Touring model really helps grip the road (we have some tricky ones in the mountains). My husband loved it so much he bought the same in an automatic, which also handles beautifully. We wish we got better mileage (I get about 27 mpg) for a small car, but the emissions ratings are good. We recently had 3 teens, 2 adults, and all the teens' college gear in the Mazda, no problem!! Cargo space is great.

Fun to Drive and Your own Toy
By Rafiq on 03/24/08 23:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. Sleek exterior, especially the 17" alloy wheels. Though rumours are they wear out fast, but driving them with care won't hurt. Me and my friend did a fast acceleration in our work parking lot, and 0-50 seems to go in 5 secs. And ya truly Mazda did the ZOOM ZOOM. Anyone interested, grab it.

So far so good!
By Guido on 03/24/08 13:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I got my 4 door SGT in electric blue (best color ever) on 3/22/08. So far so good, I love this car! I did a lot of city driving over the weekend and I only used a half a tank of gas, which is not too bad. The interior of the car is beautiful with the black leather and the high end material. I had my brother-in-law drive the car and he asked me if it was a six cylinder, the car has got some pep in its step! You really do get a lot for your money! The drive is nice and quiet and the xenon headlights are better than my 05 maxima. Everytime I step in this Mazda3 I really do feel the ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM. Great car!

Handles great, but not perfect
By kyjd75 on 03/22/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car handles fabulously! I've owned great handling cars for years (BMW 528, Nissan Zs, Mustang GTs, etc.). This car can hold its own with any of them--that makes it worth it for me. However, it is not perfect. I've had some problems, such as air bag system failure, peculiar engine noises at idle, and paint chipping. It also has lots of road noise as well. Also, gas mileage is good but not great (24 mpg overall). I bought this car for my wife as a supplemental car to her Mustang GT convertible (didn't want to drive it in bad weather). It serves well in that role. Overall, I would recommend this car, but you need to understand what you are getting.

Smokin' Value Edition
By litchik28 on 03/20/08 13:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Have it in Copper Red Mica - absolutely stunning, with responsive steering, acceleration and braking to match. Value edition has ABS, leather-wrapped steering wheel, fog lights, wheel locks, satellite radio capability and auxiliary jack for an iPod. I also chose the 6-CD changer/moonroof package, cargo net and all-season mats. This car is funkier and hotter than the Civic and is much more fun to drive.

Zoom for the money!
By Happy on 03/14/08 21:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

At 53 sold my impractical touring motorcycle so I needed some sport w/practicality. Drove VW Rabbit, but 2.3 Mazda 3 was smoother and have owned both in the past, Mazda more reliable. Most important is Electronic Stability Control, have not been able to get it to skid, it is like glued to the road like a Porsche 911 but more balanced. Precise steering. Acceleration is good, better than I expected and it is fun to pass 3 cars at a time on two lane highway. Needed manual and sun roof to keep sport feeling but is clumsy with cell phone in traffic. Very quiet at hwy speeds, 3,050 rpm at 70 in 5th, redlines at 6,500 rpm (top 149 mph??). S Touring has lots of features, cruise, etc. Doors solid.

Best car I've owned yet
By koopzilla on 03/11/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Mazda3 Hatchback, Great gas mileage fun to drive no complaints at all if havent driven one do so and if your serious about buying new car give it a chance they really give you a lot of car for your dollar