Used 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great Car for the right driver
By Tom

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, excellent choice and I'm very happy. I decided between this and the 2008 Toyota Corolla...my last car was a 1996 Toyota Corolla, which did the job, and got great mileage; was ready to move on though, and the Mazda3 had always caught my eye. Fun to drive, handles great, easy on the eyes; My 3 is blue with a beige interior. If you want a car to get you from point A to B that will never fail, with great mileage, get a corolla. The Mazda3 mileage isn't great (26 comb). I was getting 32 combined in my corolla. But...if you want a more all around package, go with the 3; no problems with it at all, and have gotten a lot of compliments on it; definitely feels a lot more expensive it is.

1) Fun to Drive! 2) Great Looks! 3) Cloth interior nice! 4) Radio Instruments are sleek 5) Handling is spectacular 6) Comfortable 7) Reliability great to this point 8) Steering Wheel very sport and feels good to grip 9) Standard Rims are nice looking 10) has a quality build feel to it

1) Center console too wide and gas pedal too close to it; my leg pushes up against the console while I'm driving; no big deal, I'm used to it. 2) Mileage not great; go easy on the gas pedal,makes a big difference 3) no keyless trunk opener 4) A/C weak 5) Floor mats seem cheap, wear easily

Honest Assessment from previous BMW own.
By Ben

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A month ago my cherished 323Ci had a meltdown. Living in L.A., I loved taking it through the mountain twisties on the weekend. With this economy, I decided to be prudent with replacement car. My ratings are based on expectations of the class, and not comparisons to my previous luxury car. I'm quite pleased with the handling of this compact. Though somewhat under-tired, it can stand up to a road like decker canyon blvd (23). The clutch is light in feel, but gives you a good sense of it's action through your foot, gearbox is excellent. Had the opportunity to test the brakes in a panic stop in my first week of driving, and they're probably in the top 10 of any car under $100k.

Aside from the fun of good grip, a manual transmission, and a free-reving engine, I really enjoy the heated seats: it's like having a back massager. I'm a big fan of the xenon headlights for safety, as well as the stability control. Interior is tasteful, and ergonomically efficient.

Turn signal sound is difficult to hear with the stereo on, minor, I know. No trunk release on the fob or even a handle is a serious oversight for convenience. driver window should be one-touch up as well, key release button is annoying, using the power outlet in the armrest renders aux jack useless

The Love-to-drive- drivers car!!
By Victor G

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove other Mazda 3 competitors models (Rabbit, Civic, Cobalt, Focus). None matched the comfort, performance, style or price value of the 3. The cars looks great, has many added features and its not as common as a Civic or Focus. The Mazda provides the best all around package of reliability, easy to find parts, reasonable price, performance and sense of exclusivity. You still don't see that many around.

The cars has a very distinctive and powerful look to them. Its a design that has aged well. It handles and looks like a pricier car and the interior is very comfortable and stylish. The steering audio and cruise controls are very handy and add a touch of luxury. Good storage bins. A great value!!

Better mileage(26 mpg combined). The engine sounds like a household appliance. Road and drivetrain noise are ever present if somewhat muted. Pedal positioning forces your right leg against dashboard tunnel. Paint chips way too easy. Still provides the best bang for your buck!!

Honest Humble Masterpiece!
By Damian35

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

All in one top car for its class. Power when you need it, MPG's are adequate enough, Stops on a dime, Frontal chassis & great suspension provide a great ride. Interior features only lack cruise control, gps and a driver's seat with height position ajustment but the telescopic steering wheel make up for it. The center arm rest and compartment console position you perfectly and even when the seat quality is less then the top model it extends on it's side to hold you in place. The sound system rocks, I especially like the dash design and everything to go with it, fit and finish is perfect. Passenger space is adequate for a car its size and I vehemently disagree with others the truck is big.

European slick styling sporty look, front and rear light design. This car is beautiful and performs marvelously. Mazda truly put their hearts and soul in effort into this masterpiece car at an incredibly affordable price. Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Scion TC come close to this car.

Passenger door metal sheet needs to be thicker it's too thin, it's why the car's side crash test had problems.

Love this car!
By EAG

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I spent forever researching cars to buy and I test drove a few (the VW Rabbit, the Civic and the Toyota Matrix) before I was definite on the 3. The test drives clinched it. My mechanic of 15 years was also enthusiastic about the Mazda and now I know why. I am in love with my car. It is so sporty (looks and performance) and I couldn't be happier. I have the 5 speed and the shifting is so smooth, I would swear it was a pricier model/brand. I love to drive but I was looking for fuel economy too and I definitely picked a winner. The acceleration is excellent, but so is the fuel economy. 25-27 in the city, in heavy traffic, and 32-35 on the highway. Nice! You won't be disappointed at all. I'm thinking of buying another for my husband.

The best aspect is the style. I see my car and I almost can't believe how inexpensive it was. It appears and handles like a much more expensive car. The handling is sharp and the stereo w/the iPod adapter is also awesome. I recently drove an Accord and it confirmed that my car was the best choice!

A little loud in urban setting (we're talking South Bronx here). Potholes are a bit rough, but other than that, no complaints here! You won't be disappointed at all. I'm thinking of buying another for my husband.