2008 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: 1 year of ownership

2008 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

2008 Mazda 3

i Touring Value Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

1 year of ownership
By TimL on

2008 Mazda 3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

At the car lot I jumped in the vehicle to take it for a drive. It seems very very sluggish and was not at all impressed. Then I noticed the brake light was on!!!!!! Well, after taking the E-brake off I realized this car had some serious zip. It handled better than any of my two other previously owned vehicles. I was sold. Last summer I took the vehicle from Oregon to Yellowstone in Montana. When I hit the Rocky's I noticed my car did not climb very well. Other vehicles on the road seemed to be responding about the same. I decided to experiment and flipped the stick to Manual and dropped it into third gear. I was easily able to drive uphill at 90mph and still had power left over.

*Very intuitive and easy to operate manual/automatic system. *Very responsive handling/steering. *Very good acceleration from 0-30. *Nice sleek look, not to round. *Decent stock stereo

As a previous reviewer indicated... Horrible in snow. Horrible in rain. Since I am running stock tires I suspect this is the culprit. Also... as stated by another reviewer: The paint seems to damage very easily. Very easy to dent the car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review