2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great choice
By mark on 06/01/10 21:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 08 over a Civic and have been extremely pleased. Got rid of the performance rubber for some all- season tires which made the car a lot quieter and less nervous. Handling is still great. I have been getting 35 mpg in the summer and 32-33 in the winter ( I am some what of a feather foot). The 2.0 liter engine spins more easily with every mile, the chassis is still tight, and the car has not had a single issue. I also think it is better looking than the new model.

Love this car!
By EAG on 01/27/09 21:21 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I spent forever researching cars to buy and I test drove a few (the VW Rabbit, the Civic and the Toyota Matrix) before I was definite on the 3. The test drives clinched it. My mechanic of 15 years was also enthusiastic about the Mazda and now I know why. I am in love with my car. It is so sporty (looks and performance) and I couldn't be happier. I have the 5 speed and the shifting is so smooth, I would swear it was a pricier model/brand. I love to drive but I was looking for fuel economy too and I definitely picked a winner. The acceleration is excellent, but so is the fuel economy. 25-27 in the city, in heavy traffic, and 32-35 on the highway. Nice! You won't be disappointed at all. I'm thinking of buying another for my husband.

Easy choice
By Mike on 12/20/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is hands down the best car to buy out of all the compacts if you're looking for value and maybe a little respect on the road. I test drove every car in this class trying to find a car that wouldn't bust my bank and was still fun to drive. Nothing compared to the Mazda 3 when it comes to the fun to drive factor and the amount of options for the price. If you like driving a manual transmission make sure you test drive this car. Nothing else compares when it comes to 5 speed manuals at this price. I've been nothing but impressed with my Mazda 3 so far. Mazda has done a great job of reinventing themselves.

Good Car for the Price
By GAJeff on 08/16/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I replaced my Mazda 626 of 15 years with this new Mazda3. I really want to buy an electric car, so this car is to get me through the next few years. Other than being 20th century technology, it seems like a solid, nice car. I would have preferred to buy a hatchback but did not want to bump up to the wagon with its heavier weight and bigger engine. I've had a difficult time getting accustomed to the clutch -- it seems to engage much higher on the pedal than I'm used to. I've also noticed the air conditioner seems to place a lot of drag on the engine; this can make judging the gas/clutch mixture a little tricky sometimes. Overall, I'd recommend it for the price.

New, but impressed so far
By timbo on 07/28/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at all of the standard compact vehicles. Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Ford Focus, Nissan Versa. So far I am impressed with this car. I have always been a Honda and Toyota guy and we still have a Tundra and a CRV as our standard drivers. We needed something for gas mileage and went with this car and so far feel very impressed. First day, one hundred mile mixed driving we got a little over 31 mpg (standard tranny). It drips with quality in the interior. I think the only thing that I don't like the quality of the carpets, but overall I think its fantastic for the price. Hope it holds up.

Zoom Zoom
By UNCW on 07/14/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sold SUV because of gas prices and got a 2008 Mazda 3 i Touring Value Edition. Excellent car especially for the money. I got a copper red mica color, 5 spd, 17" wheels, foglights, one touch moonroof, 6 disc w/ auxiliary input and excellent sound, power windows and keyless remote, soft touch plastics and good interior feel, and neat interior illumination. I have had it for about 2 weeks and can't wait to get in it every time. First time I got 29.92 mpg with the 2.0 5-speed but that was mixed driving. Only city, I get about 24 or 25. After comparing to the Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic respectively, this was definitely the best choice

Fun car to drive-excellent car
By Luis on 06/30/08 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking into getting rid of my chevy s-10 truck and getting a reliable sedan. Mazda is that car and more. I love the car and have owned it for 1 week. It drives like an expensive sports car and the feel on the road is excellent. You cant beat the price and the extras that the car comes with. If you need or are looking into a new car, test drive a Mazda and you will see what I mean. Love my Mazda 3.

Loving it
By CJRZOOM on 06/18/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 3i Touring Value last Saturday. I have gotten nothing but compliments on the car. It has great acceleration, nice looks, has a moonroof and a 6-cd changer. The 5 spd has a good gear ratio and the engine rides smoothly, particularly above 55 mph. Handling is superb and on par with German sedans costing nearly twice as much. I was originally going for the 5dr, but did not want to sacrifice fuel economy. Car is still new, so can't judge everything just yet but it is near perfect and I have no regrets.

Best in show
By LB on 05/08/08 08:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took my time and test-drove almost every Asian or European car in the small-sedan class but the 3i Touring stood out. Now that I've had it for 3 months and taken one long trip (2000 miles), I'm more convinced than ever I made the right choice. The competition's cars are either fun or economical, never both. This car is. I've been getting over 30 in the city and over 40 highway, up to 44 mpg! Not a fast car but zippy and very nimble. Wow. Absolutely get the stick. The worst problem is road noise but every car this size has it so I guess it's just part of the deal.

Best in show
By LB on 05/08/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I took my time and test-drove almost every Asian or European car in the small-sedan class but the 3i Touring stood out. Now that I've had it for 3 months and taken one long trip (2000 miles), I'm more convinced than ever I made the right choice. The competition's cars are either fun or economical, never both. This car is. I've been getting over 30 in the city and over 40 highway, up to 44 mpg! Not a fast car but zippy and very nimble. I paid $15,700 for mine with the ABS-6 airbag option. Wow. Absolutely get the stick. The worst problem is road noise but every car this size has it so I guess it's just part of the deal.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.