Used 2008 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

So wonderful I bought another one
By teamsc10190

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2006 Mazda 3 SGT that was my favorite car I'd owned since the early '70's. I decided late in 2009 that I needed to have another one but the second generation 3 was already at Mazda dealerships, sporting a vapid grin that I hated. I needed to find another first generation 3. The search for a SGT variant took me four years to find a low mileage pristine example CA car. When a 5-sp manual, White Pearl with navigation surfaced I pounced on it. It was well worth the effort and the wait. This car consistently delivers in smiles per mile. With the third generation 3, Mazda recovered the sexy face in a more capable and complete package that will be on my short list in the future.

The razor sharp driving dynamics of this car are characteristic of it's athletic prowess. The car is flat out fun to drive. It feels a whole lot like the "3" from Bavaria for less than half the price. This car is just a solid value and a joy to drive. I call my Mazda 3 "the mailman" because it always delivers. The small manufacturer from Hiroshima really knocked this one out of the park. Bravo! Handsome, chiseled styling and the richest interior in the compact segment are the frosting on the cake.

There are a couple of shortfalls in what is overall a pretty seamless execution. The rear seat could benefit from a couple of inches of additional leg room. The carpeting and sunvisors are dreadfully cheap, and a remote trunk release and heated mirrors should have been part of the SGT package. This is where a samll manufacturer like Mazda is really at a disadvantage where they lack the business scale to justify developing a full featured complement of trim levels.

Honest Assessment from previous BMW own.
By Ben

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A month ago my cherished 323Ci had a meltdown. Living in L.A., I loved taking it through the mountain twisties on the weekend. With this economy, I decided to be prudent with replacement car. My ratings are based on expectations of the class, and not comparisons to my previous luxury car. I'm quite pleased with the handling of this compact. Though somewhat under-tired, it can stand up to a road like decker canyon blvd (23). The clutch is light in feel, but gives you a good sense of it's action through your foot, gearbox is excellent. Had the opportunity to test the brakes in a panic stop in my first week of driving, and they're probably in the top 10 of any car under $100k.

Aside from the fun of good grip, a manual transmission, and a free-reving engine, I really enjoy the heated seats: it's like having a back massager. I'm a big fan of the xenon headlights for safety, as well as the stability control. Interior is tasteful, and ergonomically efficient.

Turn signal sound is difficult to hear with the stereo on, minor, I know. No trunk release on the fob or even a handle is a serious oversight for convenience. driver window should be one-touch up as well, key release button is annoying, using the power outlet in the armrest renders aux jack useless

Love my Zoom Zoom
By Nicole

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After weeks and weeks of research, I narrowed it down to a Toyota and a Mazda. I purchased my Mazda3 about 4 hours away from home and had so much fun driving it on the highway! It will really get up and go! I don't find the road noise to be a problem. I love the leather interior! And the adjustable headlights are AMAZING! I was amazed at how much I like the auto wipers and lights! This is a great car and I totally recommend it! I'm getting about 25 mpg in town.

Bose sound, auto lights and wipers, adjustable headlights

trunk opener on key fob

2008 Mazda 3 GT Manual
By Mazda 3 GT

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched vehicles in this class for about a year and chose the Mazda3 as best option. I am very pleased thus far. I got 38.9 miles per gallon on initial interstate trip 1000 miles and it rolled right down the road without exhausting me. The glove box holds a lot, and it has nice little cubbies and cup holders. It has good pep. On my way home from work I have a terrible entrance ramp to get on to interstate and it is scary. My Mazda gets right out there with plenty of pep. I added a few little accessories to doll it up, like a spoiler and a mask, and it actually turnes some heads.Two improvements would be key fob for trunk and better quality carpet. I am very pleased thus far, ZOOM ZOOM!

Turning radius, peppy engine, styling, luxury, stereo, gas mileage, and inside storage. Controls are instinctual and logical.

Key fob for trunk and better carpet inside. I wish it had a heads up display as an option, as it is so sporty it would be nice as an option. For the price this car is near perfect!