Used 2008 Mazda 3 i Sport Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

poor front end but great trani. and motor
By Alisha R

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 70,000 miles I replaced all four struts all 4 wheel bearing front hub assembly rear control arm front sway bars front tie rods and ball joints but a great car great trani and motor

Great little car for little cash!
By ZoomZoom

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable, stylish, fun, efficient.

Engine Failure
By jrl6

Beware of Mazda engine.
Our story is like many others I am reading, and if only I were aware of the problems with Mazda engine, I would not have experienced such a financial loss.

I bought the 2008 Mazda 3i for my graduate student daughter from a known party, well maintained at 61000 miles.
We continued the routine service/small repairs for the last year.
at 74000 the engine timing chain broke on the freeway, engine overheated and car is a total loss.

Don't go near Mazda, we left the Mazda lot and walked into the Honda dealer, where I have many years of reliability.
Never again Mazda!
You can google the issue and we are not alone.

Very funny to drive
By yleclerc

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car and maybe it's the best one I drove in my life. Very powerful for a little sport car but need a better conception for excessif user like me. Very safe to drive, I didn't an non-responsible accident who someone has crashed into me at 50km/h and felt nothing with those airbags.

Perfomance for that cartype, grip on the road, performance breaks, sportive sensation, good sound from speakers and auxilairy input for ipod or mp3 player.

Suspension used very quickly, paint and rust, engine mount.

Best value for fun and economy
By woofer

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Good looking, fun-to-drive, low purchase price, and good fuel economy make it hard-to-beat for the $. Much more of a 'driver's car' than the Civic, Corolla or Sentra. MPG is usually 32-35 MPG (combined) after break-in, and already saw 39 MPG, all highway miles. No rotor warp as others have stated: a torque wrench MUST be used when tightening lug nuts! No issues to date, only service has been oil changes.

Value, fun-to-drive, styling (better than latest model), comfortable, much better MPG than expected after break- in. Good suspension: right balance. Good resale value expected. Very reliable to date. It's a Japanese car at a Korean car price point with much of the feel of a German car.

Very little to gripe about; maybe higher quality carpet. Stock steel wheels should be 1/2" wider. No major issues.