Used 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

poor front end but great trani. and motor
By Alisha R

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 70,000 miles I replaced all four struts all 4 wheel bearing front hub assembly rear control arm front sway bars front tie rods and ball joints but a great car great trani and motor

Great little car for little cash!
By ZoomZoom

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable, stylish, fun, efficient.

Mazda 3 rocks!
By Richard

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been absolutely reliable. The handling is superb. It looks sharp. Wish the mpg was better- 26-27, but that's better than many for a comparable vehicle. Tires are expensive as it's considered a sport car. You'll need snows- all seasons don't cut it. I love this car.

Great Car for the money. Fun to drive.
By Davie Boy

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2009 mazda 3i touring with 2.0 liter engine, 5-speed stick and 17" alloy wheels. I bought it new in 2009 and have been its only driver for 6 years and 90,000 miles. I like this car a lot. It's a great value. Heres the lowdown:

THE GOOD:
1. Good gas mileage
2. Great steering
3. Great brakes
4. Roomy feel for an economy car
5. 2.0L motor has adequate power.
6. The suspension, steering and breaking are what make this car fun to drive.
7. Very Reliable

THE BAD:
1. Noisy at highway speeds (wind, tire noise, engine)
2. Underpowered A/C in Florida heat.
3. Gasoline Cap is on the wrong side
4. Steering wheel hides the temperature gauge on the dash.
5. No real-time mpg readout on the dash / no bluetooth

My 2009 was assembled in Japan and I was sorry to hear the 2015 model is assembled in Mexico. I have quality concerns about this so I plan to drive my Japanese 3i another 3 years before deciding whether to replacing it with another 3i.

Beware of this Car
By George R.

2008 Mazda 3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Mazda claims they are a different type of car company but as I am dealing with an issue they have revealed they are no different than GM or any other big car company. I lost my power steering a month ago while driving on the highway. When I returned home to find out if anyone else had experienced this problem I was surprised to see that my supposedly very reliable Mazda 3 had major problems with power steering issues. There was a recall back in 2010 for this problem. When I called Mazda customer support to report this issue I was told my car (I am the 2nd owner) was recalled and repaired back in November of 2010. When I mentioned to them that this repair obviously failed again they said they were not responsible to do this repair a 2nd time as per government guidelines. When I asked them if they had replaced the power steering pump and assorted pieces with upgraded pieces that insured this would not happen again they said this was the case. I mentioned to them this was my second Mazda and I would hope they would do something for me since this was obviously something they were aware of. They said they could do nothing for me. When I continued to argue my case with them, they suggested I bring my car to my local Mazda dealer to confirm the issue (The dealer did so $120 later for diagnosis, $1,293.00 for the repair). They mentioned to me they do have a "Out of Warranty" policy for some repairs but made no promises. When they finally called back after 2 weeks, they reiterated they could do nothing for me despite confirmation that the repair done back in 2010 reoccurred with the new parts. I then asked them to reimburse me for the diagnosis since they requested I have it done. They again said no. Great customer service! Needless to say I will never purchase another Mazda.