Used 2008 Mazda 3 s Sport Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Fun and economical
By mehra

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A car you should have if you are looking for practicality, fun and power. Mileage is great and balance on curves make it strongest in its segment/category. Great resale value and lot of things are already included in the base 's' model.This is not possible in civic as the required options make it $3k more expensive than Mazda3. There are no Cons, other than car could have used little stronger AC.

Mazda protege 5 out Mazda 3 wagon in
By renoman

2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car about a month now, with a little over 1k in mileage. Once again Mazda has done a very good job on the interior of the car. Overall a nice jump in interior room from the old protege. Only interior gripe I have is that when my legs are the right distance away, my arms feel too far away from the steering wheel. No adjustment left on the telescoping wheel. The old protege just fit. Exterior wise, I just like sport wagons, so this car fits me. Mechanically mileage has been 26-27 mpg mixed driving. I hoped for better, I'm a little disappointed, but I chose sport over economy. The car is fun to drive, handles well, nicely finished for the price, and that's why I'm on my second one

Handling and spunk from this little car. The car feels like it has more horsepower than it actually does. Interior fit and finish.

Eliminate hesitation, when car is warming up. Fuel mileage, even though it's right in the middle of the 2008 EPA estimates. It would be nice to get 30 mpg mixed, with this horsepower weight combination. Let's make the Pzev vehicle just as fuel efficient as the non Pzev equivalent vehicle.