Used 2008 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Now I know why they say "Zoom Zoom"
By Amy

2008 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my car!! This is my first Mazda! I had traded in a Chevy Cavalier which I had really enjoyed - until I test drove this car! I have the Grand Touring Hatchback. The moonroof is nice and I love the Bose speakers (the sound quality is excellent) and the leather interior is very comfortable! I drive a lot of city miles and average about 22.5 mpg. When I go on trips though and am on the highway I am getting more like 30 mpg! I am very happy with my purchase!

The hatchback is roomy! I love that I can play my Itouch through the speakers. Auto wipers are a nice feature. And it ZOOM ZOOMS!!

I agree that the horn is kinda cheesy but I don't really care about that at all!

Thrills on the cheap!
By revhappy

2008 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Mazda for four months now and have loved every minute of it. This Mazda hatch has it all compared to other economy cars in its class. Superb interior fit and finish, European inspired exterior, crisp handling, and sporty stance. The Zoom-Zoom of this 3 really differentiates it from all others. The 2.3L loves to be revved and the manual transmission definitely helps squeeze every ounce of power from the four-banger. I was debating whether or not to get the navigation system but decided against it as is not worth the $1500 price tag because it does not even have the touchscreen like the CX-7. At the end of the day, this car is near perfect for the price at around $20K!

The GT trim (seats and door) for a more luxurious feel, Bose sound system, Xenon headlights that definitely light up the whole road, the utility and versatility of the cargo area, heated front seats, and the confidence that it has the same chassis as the Volvo with safety written all over it.

Leather a bit hard, road noise prominent at highways speeds, no rear hatch release on the key fob, gas and brake pedal too close together, plastics get scuff marks really easily, MPG was a little disappointing (Averaged 28MPG) but I guess that what you get for the Zoom-Zoom!