2008 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Very funny to drive
By yleclerc on 06/22/14 02:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car and maybe it's the best one I drove in my life. Very powerful for a little sport car but need a better conception for excessif user like me. Very safe to drive, I didn't an non-responsible accident who someone has crashed into me at 50km/h and felt nothing with those airbags.

2008 Mazda 3 Sport GT = Problems
By darkface23 on 04/02/14 17:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I can't believe any of these reviews I'm reading, so I am moved to write my own TRUTHFUL review. I bought my 2008 Mazda 3 Sport GT new off the lot. I made that mistake once, and I won't make it again!

Great purchase
By retiredinaz1 on 03/15/14 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought new in May of 2008 when I moved to AZ. I only have 43,200 miles on it and it still runs like new. I did have to replace leaky shocks once but that was only problem. I change oil every 3,000 miles so believe that helps. I LOVE this car and hope it lasts me another 6 years!

Bang for buck
By bstern92 on 09/11/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Bought car for $13,500 in 2010. I love the steering wheel feel and the radio controls. Sound system is very good. Seat material is very sturdy. The car has 112k on it and the seats still lokk new. Engine is very peppy and the steering is sporty. Only negative is the design is a little feminine. Only repair was a temperature sensor.

2008 Mazda3 s hb
By dukefirst on 06/16/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded our 2008 3 for a new 2012 Mazda5. Sad to see it go, the car has been absolutely bulletproof for us from Day 1. Can't recommend it enough. 67k miles and nothing other than scheduled maintenance for us! The is the poor [smart?] man's GTI.

Yet another engine failed
By densem on 05/17/13 13:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

"It must have love but it's over now..."Just as so many of them, my engine failed at just 28k very light miles. Bought the car used (Certified) at d Mazda dealership with only 19k miles. No warning signs, no lights, not even signs of oil consumption. Noticed a subtle rattling noise over 2500 RPM, took it to the dealer - death certificate issued in 2 hours. The car was still under Mazda power train warranty. Mazda Motors of America refused to honor it. Used top shelf synthetic oil, name-brand filters, never seen jiffy-lube places...kept all records and receipts and yet - warranty denied due to "lack of maintenance". Save yourself the trouble, do your research, on the 2.3l engine. Don't buy.

Mazda 3 high milage reliablity
By ksmike on 03/14/13 16:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2.0 liter, 5 speed manual that I bought new in 2008, which I use for commuting to work in a rural area. 175000 miles now and still get 34-38 mpg (depends on the tires and season). The only part replaced was a new power steering pump was replaced as a recall. Other than that, changed tires every 40,000 miles (you have to have frequent tire rotations due to positive camber), oil changes every 5000 miles, coolant flush. I have not even changed sparkplugs, needed an alignment, or even needed to have the brake pads replaced.

Nice small car
By arizonadragger on 08/03/12 23:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 New i Touring Value 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 3 for the looks and mpgs. But wasnt thrilled by the mpgs after tracking them for 2 years (24mpg avg). I do a lot of city driving, but expected a little better, hwy wasnt that impressive either, 28-30 most the time. I would blame the 4 speed auto, just not enough gears to go through in the mountains. The cruise control is horrible, set it at 60 and it goes past 65 when it switches gears to accel. Accels down hills in cruise control. Wanted to use a family car but the 3 star rear side crash rating is too scary. Solo city driving, its a very nice car. But I had to sell because it was a terrible roadtrip car that just isnt safe enough.

4 Years of Driving
By kantankerous on 06/30/12 17:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Sport 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

After 4 years of driving this car, the car runs smooth and have not had any serious issues with the car. Everything functions well. I did have to bring the car in for warranty repair because of an oil leak coming from the oil pan but I think my local dealer messed up repairing it and had to replace one of the cylinder head and that took about two weeks. The tires are just about wear out after 45,000 miles and I didn't experience any issues with tires wearing out fast. I averaged about 30 MPG on a 2.3 engine but my driving style usually gives me higher MPG than manufacturer's MPG rating. I couldn't find a vehicle with more features than this car for the price I paid.

very reliable
By delesher on 02/26/12 16:39 PM (PST)

2008 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

The car has been very reliable although mileage is not very good for a small car. Plenty of room inside and can carry a lot of stuff. I have had it since new and have approximately 50K miles. Nothing but routine maintenance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.