On my 2nd Mazda3
By JJ on
2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
My first car ('05 3 s) was a lemon but I liked everything except its reliability so I'm trying again (with extended warranty). I got a White Pearl GT 5door and so far so good. 5spd auto seems to get better mileage than my old 4spd so that's a plus. Handles very well, frictionless steering and the ride is nice and firm. There is some body roll because of the high weight but it's nicely controlled. I love the heavy feel of the car and the dynamic driving experience. Also, the looks of the car still draw lots of compliments. The '07 model seems to have fixed the problems w/my '05- weak a/c, rear brake dust, harsh shifting auto transmission. I'm relieved and can now enjoy the ride!!
Favorite Features
GT spec features: Xenon HIDs, trip cpu, heated seats, auto lights/wipers, LED rear lights & climate control. Also like the backlit gauges and steering wheel audio controls. Styling is spot on and it rides low on it's tires unlike the competition. 2.3L is refined all the way to redline.
Suggested Improvements
Road noise is still high. Higher gas mileage. Brake pedal has 1" of dead travel and is too soft overall. Inconsistent power delivery from day to day. Feels downright lethargic at certain times. Questionable reliability. Needs another interior color in GT form. Ugly new 17" wheels.