Gas Pig
By Russ on
2007 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)
Overall, it's a great car. No mechanical issues at 16,700 miles. It's got great pick-up and looks great. I get 27 mpg on the highway at 65-70 and I think that bites. I can get 37 out of my Focus. If I drive at 45 mph down the highway I can get to the 34 mpg range. The 17" Goodyear Eagle P** tires are about worn out. I'm really disappointed with them. Almost all my driving has been highway. They have a tread wear rating of 250. I'll be lucky to make it past the 20,000 mile mark without buying new ones. Had to upgrade to the Grand Touring trim at the last moment to get the side airbags.
Favorite Features
Looks and performance. Cool car, goes when I need it to go. Smooth and responsive automatic transmission; LED lights and automatic windshield wipers are great. Cruise control is very functional and the radio controls on the steering wheel are great.
Suggested Improvements
Need larger or digital speedometer; larger side-view mirrors that are heated: Power seats would have been nice; I'd like to sit a little lower; Better gas mileage; Tires with some actual tread on them; Ding resistant door panels;